Chapter 14. Surprise, surprise!

Emily

After I chugged down a fair amount of water and heard a few unnecessary rant from the women in the kitchen, I went back to find the boys casually sitting down and laughing with each other.

Zain was what took me by surprise when he was joking with Kayden. Keiran was casually chuckling along like Zion was.

What the hell happened when I was gone?

"Uh. Guys?" I say unsure of what was happening. Then it hit me, the plastic smiles and the forced getting along with each other.. The fuckheads were pretending to get along.

Only Keiran seemed to be amused of what was happening around him and he was the one who was clearly relaxed than the rest of the boys. "Keiran, what happened when I was gone?" I asked him with a skeptical look on my face.

"What?" He says smiling innocently and his voice going an octave higher. Lying bastard.

"You know what.. Don't even." I say giving up on knowing whatever it is that is happening. "You guys can calm the hell down now cause I didn't bring any knife." I say seeing perfectly through their act.

"Oh god. I hate interacting with other people." Zain says but not before rolling his eyes, then goes back to playing on the tablet with Zion.

"You'll love them in time." I say grinning at the devilish little boys.

"Yea. Just like how you love them, right Lil?" Zion, for the first time tonight, speaks.

This is why I love Zain, jut kidding! Really, I love them both all the same but alteast I can put up with Zain cause he's sweet at times.

But Zion, well, to put it simply, he's much more brutal and hardcore than Zain is in the verbal department, which is why he talks rarely, cause he's just that brutal. With that in mind, saying he's the spawn of satan is considered an understatement for him.

I blushed profusely at his words and Zain who was quick to notice my discomfort jabs Zion in the ribs and he grunts in response. "I mean.. Lily always sees the good in someone so I can imagine her warming up to them." He spats the word them, he means the KK brothers, venomously but eyes me with softness and love.

Told you he's vicious when he speaks.

"Dinner's ready!" My mom shouts and immediately, everybody scatters into the kitchen. Maybe food will resolve this hostility.

"Glad to see all of you getting along!" My mom exclaims happily.

"Yea. Riiiiiight." Zion drawls his words not sensing the others reluctancy to speak.

I grab him from behind covering his mouth then said, "Oh pish posh. We're getting along just fine mother." Then I shoot Zion an 'agree with me or else' look.

He smiles like the devil he is and nods happily. Well, too happy for my liking. I chucked him close to me and whispered. "Just play along Zion or I'll tell mom you broke two of her lovely vases. Yes, I know. I was the one who cleaned them up." I paused to gauge his reaction and by the looks he was giving, I knew he caved in. He always caves in to me.

"It makes me so happy!" Aunt Mila says, tears brimming her eyes. She overreacts when it came to his boys, much to their disdain.

"Sit down, sit down." My mom orders us all and we sit with fake smiles and a happy demeanor, pretty far from the truth.

But is it too much to ask for the boys to get along?

"So sweetie I was wondering, why don't you stay over at the Livingston's while I'm away? Kathy has agreed to watch over you while I'm gone." My mom fills me up and I almost spit out the steak I was currently chewing.

Now that wouldn't be a lovely sight to see.

"Uh, but wouldn't I disrupt or like barge in on their family? I mean, Mrs. Livi-" I stop as Katherine give me a glare of 'do not call me that'. "Kathy just had her leave and maybe she could have that time to spend with her family."

"Oh don't you worry about it. You're considered family to me now! Well, you're gonna be part of the family soon enough." She winks at my mom and she giggles. "And it's already settled so there's no backing out now." Her triumphant grin surfacing.

I guess I don't have any say in this after all.

Suprise surprise Emily!

Then it dawned on me. I'll be forced to stay with the KK brothers, oh hell no.