Chapter 13. The talk

Keiran

The other twins laughed at Emily's joke while Kayden and I chuckled. After the laughing ceased, one of them said, "I'm Zain and this is Zion. Who of you has got a crush on Lily?" One of them, who is now known as Zain, spoke up frankly.

Kayden chuckles before answering, "The two of us." Then he looks over to me.

Kayden's got a crush on Emily? Is this why he's always hanging out with her? I thought he's doing that to make me jealous? Wait what? Me jealous? No. Argh. My brother is so infuriating.

"I don't have a crush on her." I say defensively.

"Okay. So that makes me then." Kayden grins happily. The glint in his eyes says something more.

"You, can I talk to you?" Zain says out of the blue. I thought he meant Kayden but when my brother didn't make any move, I put a finger on me.

"Me?" I ask.

"Who else? Unless you're triplets, then yes I mean you." He says. Kayden snickers beside me as if he's got an inside joke running through his head repeatedly.

He stood up and walked towards the hallway so I followed him out. "What do you need?" I asked throughout the walk.

He was leading me further down the hall and into a vacant room. It must be a guest room since it has a queen sized bed covered in a white quilt and the room seems empty, other than the pictures that adorned the walls.

"She took all these pictures." He says motioning to all the pictures hanged on the wall.

"She stopped taking pictures when a girl from her school grabbed her camera and smashed it into a wall. She cried so much from trauma and decided she'd keep her hobbies to herself now." Zain says as he saw me take in all the photos in the room. They looked as if they were taken by a professional so imagine my surprise when he said that. Now why would someone do that to Emily?

"If you're thinking to yourself about why would someone do that to her, well, the answer is simple. That said girl was jealous of Emily because the guy she likes has a crush on Emily. This is the reason why she shuts herself away from guys, so I'd probably consider you guys lucky." He says in all seriousness.

"Why are you telling me all of this?" I asked, curious as to why he's decided to share this with me.

"Because judging by the way you and your brother looks at Emily, it's you who I think has a crush on her. Now don't go and tell me you're too young to know all this shiznit but I'm smarter than most people credit me for, and also, I never want to see Emily cry." I absolutely don't know how to react. How could he think that I have a crush on her just by my look?

"Don't even think about hurting her. She doesn't have a man to protect from your kind. You'll know what I mean - in time. I'll let her share a part of herself with you on her own accord." He says and he brushes past me to go back to the living room.

My kind? What does he even mean?

"Oh, and one more thing, if word gets out that Emily cried, me, Zion, Jayson, Julian and Mason are coming after you, so I suggest you be nice to her because Mason is a great Navy who has trained with the best." Then he walks away with a smirk plastered on his face.

I just let a twelve year old boy threaten me, and I didn't even get a word in. What the actual fuck Keiran?