Chapter 22. Rival

Kayden

He was quick, I'll give him that.

I didn't expect him to react that quickly.

I guess that everything is falling into plan.

"Oh. Uh.. I'm kinda with him. For the moment." Emily says from beside me and I couldn't help the smile that crossed my lips.

Laiken's face falls at Emily's words as he nervously goes back to his seat.

He doesn't look too happy that his plan failed. And by he, I meant Keiran. I knew he sent Laiken to fetch Emily away from me but seeing as Emily is Emily, she wouldn't dare abandon me with her friends. Laiken never disobeys Keiran. No one ever does. He likes getting his way and now that he didn't, he's mad.

Keiran has to learn to be patient. His time will come.

"So, what did he tell you?" I asked innocently but judging from the glares my twin is giving me and the scared look on Laiken's face, I already knew what's up.

"He asked me if I wanted to sit down in the popular table. I said no, of course. I don't belong there anyway. Besides, I like sitting with a doofus like you." She grins at me and I grin back.

"Aw. Your compassion towards me is unparalled sugarplum." I tease her.

"Did you not hear the doofus part?" She says to me with a knowing smirk. I know she likes messing with me.

"All I heard is you like sitting with me. No doofus word ever heard." I grin at her and she merely laughs at my response.

She's perfect..

"I was wondering, why aren't you sitting in the populars table Kai?" Emily asks me, a flash of curiousness evident in her beautiful face.

Too perfect for me..

"Did I say something wrong?" She asked. Now it's my turn to be puzzled. "If it's touchy subject then don't answer." She sent a small smile my way.

"What?" I asked utterly confused.

"I saw your eyes flash with sadness. If it's important to you, then I won't bother asking anymore. I don't like seeing other people sad." She answered truthfully.

If only she knows why my eyes held sadness.

I plastered on a smile for her and answered, "No, it's okay. The answer to your question though, is the same as yours. I'm not sitting at the populars table because I don't belong there. My brother, yes. Me? Not quite."

"Oh." She answers.

The bells rings signalling the end of lunch.

"I'll walk you to your class." I offer her and she nods smiling sweetly.

As I drop her off to her next class, I finally formulated a plan in my head that will make everyone happy, even if it costs mine.

I love Emily. I admit that.

But I need to do something first.

****

Kayden is being weird, and suspicious.

Any ideas why? Comment and guess! If you get it correctly I'll tag you in the next chap. ;)

Questions:

What do you think about Keiran?

Why did he order Laiken to fetch Emily?

What plan is Kayden talking about?

And lastly, what does Kayden need to do?

Anyway, you guys know the drill! Vote, comment, react! Don't be a silent reader! :)

Love you babycakes!

Ps. I have a new book entitled Voice! Please read it too. Thank you :)