Chapter 10. Night Out Stay Under

Emily

"Please Emmi!" Kayden says for the nth time already. He has been bugging me about staying over their house for the night.

"Kayden Livingston, I told you I'm busy." I say as I finished arranging my locker.

"But what will you be doing on a friday night? It's a friday night, Emmi. People don't have stuff to do on a friday night unless they're out partying and stuff." He says pouting like a two year old boy and god it works wonders.

What will I be doing on a friday night?

I don't really have plans but staying over the twins' crib isn't gonna be one.

I'm still awkward about the fact that Keiran kissed me and so far, I'm doing a good job of distancing myself from him. All our lessons together were done where people could see us, and I didn't allow any talk other than the lesson.

I know I said I'd help him but kissing Keiran isn't gonna help him, right?

Atleast I'm true to my words and I'm dedicated to helping him get his grades back up, which is improving slightly. Keyword being slightly.

He must have noticed my reluctantcy to stay with him so he's been asking Kayden for a ride.

"Don't you have a party to go to? You know, being popular and all that shaz." I say shifting the topic towards him.

"Nah. I don't go to parties. The chicks would mistake me as Keiran and try to flirt with me. It ruins my night so it's better not to go." He says taking the bait but also looking sad.

"It must be hard." I say voicing out my thoughts.

"Hard?" He asks with one eyebrow raised.

"You know, being mistaken for someone you aren't. I mean, you two are so different but no one takes time to notice it." I finally say what I wanted to.

"I don't know how you feel but I can symphatize with you. Just like that day when I came to your house and I thought you didn't recognize me, it hurt me, since I didn't know it was your twin. But then you came, and you recognized me and called me your friend. It made me feel special to be recognized as such- a friend." I say remembering the time I knew that the infamous bad boy actually had a twin.

"That's why I can say that I symphatize with you. Everybody wants to be recognized as the person they are. And you, well, you just want to be recognized as Kayden, not your infamous twin." And I meant what I said.

His eyes sparkled and his lips twitched up and morphed into a grin.

"What's that look for?" I asked, my lips also morphing in a grin like his. He's infectious. Dangerously infectious.

"Nothing." He says, his grin never wavering.

Kayden looks so happy and his happiness radiates towards the people around him, for today, it's me.

"Okay fine. I'll be over yours tonight." I concede. His grin, if possible, could've been anymore bigger.

"Really?" He asks eagerly to confirm.

"But.." I purposely hang my sentence.

"But?" He asks his grin slowly fading.

"I'll only stay till 12. I can't leave my mom alone in the house." I say to him with a stern look and he nods eagerly.

"That's enough for me." He says. "I'll pick you up at 6." He then starts to walk towards his car. "Oh.." He looks back.

"Yea?" I asked.