Chapter 17. Bubblegum

Emily

I woke up at I think about two in the morning. I knew I still had a fever since my body was shivering slightly, but something, or rather someone was providing me a much welcomed warmth.

Keiran.

I thought.

I was snuggled up against him, my head resting on his chest as one of his arms rests on my waist and the other was under my head. He was sleep hugging me. And although he did cover me in a blanket, I still felt cold and a shiver erupts from me stirring him half-awake. "Jaye?" He asks groggily.

And unlike those cliche movies where the leading man wakes up looking drop dead gorgeous, Keiran was styling a messy bed hair, which looked funny in my opinion, and his eyes were glazed with sleep. The bags under his eyes says so. "What's wrong?" Now that part was cliche. His voice was hoarse and husky as if he's fighting the urge to sleep and that made me feel bad. He must've tried to stay up all night to watch over me or something.

"Nothing. Go back to sleep. I just felt a little cold." I say trying to ease out the worried expression he was wearing.

He closed his eyes as told as he hugged me closer to his bare torso. He adjusts the blankets, even went as far as covering his own body just to keep the warmth in. He does this still with his eyes closed, as he proceeded to go back to sleep. He brushes my hair and says, "I guess I'll have to hug the nightmare out of you." He says with a low chuckle.

×××

"Jaye? Wake up." A voice stirs me awake from my slumber. "Jaaaaaye."

Only one person calls me that.

I woke up only to find Keiran dressed up and looking, well, as handsome as ever. He was in a grey v-neck shirt that hugged his body perfectly and a pair of acid washed jeans that fell just a little below his ankle.

"What time is it?" I asked as I rubbed the sleep off my eyes. I must've looked like the dead waking up from the grave. Why must Keiran of all people see me in all my morning glory?

"It's almost eight." He says sitting down on the bed beside me as I sit up.

I felt a sharp, stab like pain in my lower abdomen so I curled up in a ball as if it was of any help. It wasn't though. Damn, I still have menstrual cramps.

His eyes looked over my body in worry as he said, "Menstrual cramps. I get it."

"How'd you.." I trail off, perplexed as to why he knows.

"Apparently, the only class I'm not failing is sex ed." He says with a smirk as he answered my not so complete question.

I roll my eyes at that and responded, "I wonder why." I bit sarcastically but nonetheless laughed a little at the end. "But's it's almost eight. You're running late already why are you still here? Did Kai leave you? Wait, let me just get dressed." I say trying to stand up only to fail when he pushed me back down the bed gently.

"No. You still have a fever and I bet you can't even walk or stand for atleast a minute with cramps. I already told mom about it. She's off to the store to fetch you some girly shit and a few meds." He says as if it was a common thing for guys to know. "She told me to not let you out of the house and let you rest seeing as your fever hasn't gone down the least bit. Your mom already knows but  mom assured her you're fine. So no worries."

I felt flustered at the words. Their family felt like home.

And my mom is my home. I couldn't have survived alone at the house, atleast I know that now.