Chapter 7. Kayden

Emily

I woke up with a throbbing headache coming from the back of my head. What the hell happened?

I opened my eyes only to shut it close again because of the blinding light coming from the windows.

Where the hell am I?

"Oh my god! Finally! You're awake!" I heard a deep manly voice say. Frustration and concern lacing through with it.

I peek my eyes a little so that it can slowly adjust to the light, only to see a worried Kayden. "Kai.." I say smiling a little. My head felt like elephants were stomping on it. I feel like I wanna drink ten Tylenol at once if that was possible.

He sighed a breath of relief and hugged me halfway since it was hard to do so cause I was lying down. "You're okay." He whispers.

"Uh. What happened? And where am I?" I asked.

"You don't remember?" He asked confusion evident in his face.

"I'd be happy if you could enlighten me Kai." I say chuckling a little.

He was a little tense and his body was as rigid as a rock. His eyes darting to anywhere but me.

Then I noticed something was off with him, and he had a little bruise on his face. And a little blood was on his shirt. "Oh my god. What happened to you?" I asked trying to sit up only to fail miserably.

"No! Don't sit up. I'm fine Emmi. It's you I'm worried about. You hit your head hard. I was so shocked, and worried, when Keiran ran up to me holding an unconcious you in his arms. So here we are." He says uncomfortably.

Then it clicked. Keiran and I were fighting over something, which I didn't really know about, and he dragged me out the diner, into the stock room which lead to me being smashed against the wall.

"Oh." Was all I could say.

"So do you remember?" He asked, his voice careful, like threading on eggs.

"Yea. But what's with the bruise?" I asked holding his hand so I can drag him down so he'd be my level. I looked at the bruise and knew it was fresh since whenever I would touch it he winced.

He smiled cheekily before saying, "I might.. or might not have.. a little.. fuss with Keiran."

"But it wasn't his fault." I say defending him.

"Don't bother. He told me everything before I beat the shit out of him."

My eyes widen at what he said. "But you didn't need to beat him!" I say trying to defend Kei, it's partly my fault right? For embrassing him in front of his friends.

"Why do you always see the good in people?" He asks.

"Because often times they are just misunderstood, Kai. Everyone always asks why are they like that but nobody asks them who made them that way." I say.

He grins and messes with my hair. "And that's why we like you." Kai says.

"We?"

"Me and Keiran."

"He doesn't like me." I say a bit more loud than I thought so.

"He does. You're the first girl he's ever smiled to. You're the first girl whom he agreed to take a ride with. You're the first girl who's ever taken him to see a parent." He says.

I know I shouldn't feel all special and shit, but I did. Although, reality is bitch and she likes to slap people back to the truth.

"First girl he's smiled to because he was being a conniving sly devil. First girl he's agreed to take a ride with because his brother hogs the car all to himself." He chuckles at this and I continue. "And the first girl to take him to see a parent because you forced him to come with."

"If you say so. But believe me, I may be a little mad at him for being so rough on you, but deep deep deep deep.. deep down he's really kind. And don't worry, if he ever does this again to you, he'll be lucky to even walk." He says at me grinning. "I'm just so happy you're okay." I laughed at what he just said and the mood seemed to have lightened up.

He hugged me and I hugged him back, and it was the exact moment my mom chose to come in.

Awkward.

"Oh. Hi mom!" I say quickly releasing Kai.

"Oh my god. My baby." She says in a rush.

"I'm fine mom. Keiran and Kayden took me here before anything worse happens."

"Oh my god. Thank you so much. You're.." My moms says unsure what to call Kayden. I knew she couldn't tell the twins apart, but I could.

"I'm Kayden, Emma." He says chuckling.

"Oh god. I swear I can't tell which is which." She laughs lightly.

The reason why I could differenciate Kayden from Keiran is because of the personality.

Kayden is all touchy touchy while Keiran is more of an avoid me at all times person.

Also, Kayden's hair is a shade lighter than Keiran. And honestly, it's hard to tell, but if you spend a little time noticing their little differences, you can tell they're really not the same.

Kayden has no ear piercing, while Keiran has ear piercings on his left ear. Yes, piercings with an 's' cause he has two on one ear.

"What happened to you?" She says, her eyes brimming with unshed tears.

"She-" Kayden starts but I cut him off about whatever he has to say.

"I fell down the stairs in the gymnasium. I was looking for Kayden but saw Keiran instead. I tripped down the stairs and here we are. I'm sorry." I lie.

"Why are you sorry? I'm just glad you're safe." She smiles warmly at me causing me to be guilty for lying to her.

Kayden looks at me with the same look I had. Sorry and guilt.

"I'm gonna go and check with the doctor if you're free to go home tonight or not. Will you be okay?" My mom said.

"I'll be fine mom. Kayden's with me." I say smiling at her.

She nods and leaves me with Kayden.

"You never fail to see the good in people, even if you're hurt by the person you're protecting." He says shaking his head.