Chapter 15. I'm on a highway to hell

Emily

I parked my car into the Livingston's residence with the song 'Highway To Hell' blasting on the stereo. Kayden greets me with a grin plastered on his face.

"Don't you think the sound is just too much of an exaggeration?" He grins at me.

I dreaded the Monday to come, which by the way is today.

"I thinks it suits the moment right now." I say grudgingly getting out whilst dragging my bags behind me.

"Here." He says offering me help in carrying the bags. I smile at his kind gesture and it warms me that Kayden is just peachy sweet with me.

"I don't feel like going to school now although I've already skipped half of it just to move here." I say with a sulken face.

"Aw. Don't be a sourpuss. Now, I can spend more time with you and now we can make Keiran even more jealous than he already is." He chuckles much to my dismay.

"How many times do I have to say it to you? Keiran doesn't like me. Not in a million years." I say to him with a deadpan stare.

"Well, isn't it lovely that today is the millionth year?" He says grinning.

"Atleast someone's in a good mood." I tell him offering a smile.

We got in the house with all my bags in Kayden's posession. Wait, Kayden's here and Keiran isn't. Wait what? Why am I looking for him?

"Did you, uhmm.. skip school just for this?" I say gesturing to all of me and the bags in tow.

"Yea. Well, not really for you though. So since you're moving in.." I cut him off by saying that I'll only be here for three days.

"Okay. Well, since you're moving in for three days, I had to move in with Keiran so I had to transfer some things to his room from mine to vacant mine for you. Does my sentence actually make sense cause in my head it sounded so logical." Kayden says in deep thoughts which earned him a chuckle from me.

"Yes it makes sense, Kai." I say smiling at his usual playful and cute side. The downfall is that when he's cute, he tends to become slightly stupid.

"Oh good." He sighs, relieved that I could understand his cute rambling.

We went upstairs and went to his room. I never had been to his room so imagine my surprise when it was surprisingly neat.

"If we were roomies then you'd love me. Because unlike my brother, I like to keep things neat." He says proudly.

"I'm starting to think you're gay." I say jokingly but I must have set something in him because he grabs my wrists and corners me against the wall of his room. Both of his hands were against each side of my head, trapping me in the process.

"I heard you say something. Repeat it for me?" He smirks. A hint of naughtiness visible in his eyes.

Oh no. The devious Kayden is back.

"Nothing." I say. My voice, a tone higher, indicating my nervousness.

He narrows the distance between us and I could practically see his caramel brown eyes turn a shade darker. His lips hover against mine, his breath fanning my face ever so slightly. He closed the distance and in my mind, I was expecting the kiss to happen but when his lips grazed mine just slightly and moved to my ears, he whispers. "For future reference, never call a straight guy, gay. In my case, I can man up and prove you wrong, but I won't, not today." He paused as he plants a little kiss on my forehead. God, my stomach is full of butterflies.

"Well basically, not when Keiran is looking." He chuckles darkly and releases me, the same time I release the breath I didn't knew I was holding.

Then it dawned on me.