Chapter 23. The Fall Dance

Emily

So apparently, I had no choice but to wear make-up. 

I learnt in the hard way that eyeliners? Yea. They're messy as fuck. If not for Sari, I'd probably look like a raccoon. I can already imagine the horror.

"You are absolutely gorgeous!" Sari compliments me and I look up myself in the mirror.

My hair was curled and pinned to one side. My dress, a black off shoulder that falls mid thigh. Simple. Just how I like it.

My lips were a shade of burgundy and my eyes were 'smoky'. That's what Sari calls it.

"Now I see why those twins fight over you." Cheska comments.

"Fight? Over me? Honey, you got your words wrong. The car? Maybe yes. But me? Never."

"Honey." She copies me. "They both like you." She replies.

I merely scoff at her words just in time Kayden comes up to our room.

"God has blessed me to be in a room full of beautiful women." Kayden compliments.

"Such a lucky man you are." I joke at him.

"Your dates are by the door." Kayden jerks his thumb towards the living room. "Lest you want them to think you're ditching them, I suggest you go there now. Mum's taking pictures by the way."

"If you wanted to have Emily alone you could've just said so." Cheska chuckles as she strides towards the front door.

"Yeah. And that too." Kayden admits sheepishly.

When the girls left the room to go to their dates, Kayden looks up at me and immediately smiles.

I respond by blushing.

Great.

"Ah. God has given me an Angel." He sends a lopsided smile at me.

"Your words flatter me seeing as you look devilishly handsome tonight." I bit back.

"Well, what can I say? I am the definition of that word."

"Devilish?" I retort.

"Handsome, sugarplum. Handsome." He touches the tip of my nose like a kid.

"Let's go. I want to see happy faces tonight." He hooks my arm on his elbow, trying to be a gentleman.

I wonder if Keiran looks as handsome? I bet he does. They're twins after all.

But Keiran might look hotter right?

Is he even going?

Who is his date? Probably Lindsay.

Wait what? What the hell am I thinking?

We arrived at the school after Kathy insists on taking like five million photos of all of us saying we all look perfect and everything.

My mom messaged me earlier, apologizing since she was still on work but I knew better than to be mad at her. I just said it's okay and there's still graduation for her to attend to.

The gym looked way different from when it was during school hours. It was adorned with lights, balloons, streamers and everything else to make it look less like a gym and more like a ballroom. I knew the student council really put their back into making this a perfect night for everybody.

What surprised me was that everyone seemed to be wearing a mask.

"I never knew it was a masquerade?" I asked.

Someone hands out a couple of masks towards us.

"This sounds exciting!" I hear Sari shout behind me against the loud music.

This is..

Nerve wracking.

Dim lights. Masks. I can barely make out the faces from my position with just the disco light.

This is gonna one disastrous Fall Dance for me.

*****

After a bajillion years I finally updated. I'm so sorry for going MIA on you guys.

I just had so little time to go online being very busy with work and everything.

But I already have chap 24 and 25 on draft. I just need to make a few adjustments before uploading those.

Also, this book will be revised. So chaps will be edited and proofread but the story will stay the same. I promise!

Love lots! Until the next chap babycakes! :*