Chapter 12

Hey, everybody. It's been a while since I posted, and I'm sorry. I just went for a week without internet or cable. Well...it was only five days, but it felt like a week.

Anyways, I just want to tell you about my new story The Testing Facility. It's not really humor, but more of a mystery and of course there's romance. So, I'd really appreciate it if you checked it out andlet me know what you thought.

Vote, comment, and enjoy!!

-Aly

******************************************************************************* 

At school the next day I was walking down the hall, when I spotted Tucker walking alone. It was my free period, and I knew Tucker was probably ditching so I figured this was the perfect time to talk to him.

“Tucker Branch,” I said as I walked up to him, causing him to quickly look up at me.

He gave a little smile. “Megan Greene. What brings you here today?”

“I wanted to let you know,” I looked around before continuing, “I deleted the picture.”

His eyebrows rose up in shock. “The one of me dressed in a tutu?”

I let out a little laugh as I nodded. It was just so weird hearing guys like Tucker say tutu.

“Um, thanks.”

I shrugged. “I figured, you helped me yesterday, so I’ll help you out. But just this once. I’m not going easy on you anymore.”

I turned to walk away when I heard my name being called. “Megan?”

“Yeah?” I asked, stopping in the middle of the empty hallway and facing Tucker.

“Is Miles your boyfriend?”

I sighed, looking away from him. “No. We’re just friends.”

He nodded, and it looked like he was about to say something else before he shook his head.

“What?”

He looked up at me, surprised.

“I know there’s something else you want to tell me.”

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. “Listen, Megan. I completely understand that you’re trying to take me down or whatever and stop me from bullying. I know you probably hate me, but—“

“—I don’t hate you.” I cut him off, and instead of trying to continue he just looked at me curiously. A few seconds of silence passed before I said, “You were saying.”

Shaking his head he said, “Oh right. Um, Megan. Just keep in mind that Miles isn’t what he seems to be.”

I narrowed my eyes in confusion. “I don’t understand…”

“I’m not gonna go into it, but basically, Megan, I just want you to be careful. Miles isn’t a good guy.”

I stood there, not believing what was happening. Tucker Branch was actually trying to help me for the second time in two days. Who was this boy? He acted like the school bully, then would turn around and acted like he…cared.

I heard Tucker walk away from me, down the hall as I just stared at the retreating figure.

There was a freshman boy at his locker, who was trying hard to open it, and when he finally got it open, Tucker unfortunately walked by and slammed it shut without giving the boy a glance. He continued down the hall and it left me just as confused as ever.

Sure, Tucker could actually be a good guy at times, but the rest of the time, he was a bully. A bully who needed to be stopped. And no matter how much Tucker continued to show me his sweet guy act, he would always have that jackass attitude to everyone else. Being good to one person just wasn’t enough.

With Tucker slamming that boy’s locker shut, it just knocked me back into reality. I had to listen to my head, and for once, ignore the pounding of my heart.  

**

That day in the cafeteria I spotted Miles waving his hand for me to join him. I was making my way across when I narrowly missed a guy with a sack lunch in his hand. I looked up to see it was Tucker. He looked over his shoulder to where I was heading, spotting Miles and shaking his head.

“Remember what I said,” He murmured as I quickly passed by him, rolling my eyes. There was no way I was going to listen to what Tucker Branch told me.

I made my way to Miles with a fake smile plastered on my face. And just for kicks, as soon as I reached him, I took his face and gave him a big kiss right on the lips.

I heard a few whoops and hollers throughout the cafeteria, and when I pulled away I didn’t even look at Miles, knowing he was probably grinning from ear to ear. Instead I looked up at Tucker just in time to find him burrowing himself deep in the crowd.

It was a short chapter, I know. But I hope you enjoyed :)