Chapter 15

"So, you say you have evidence?" Savannah asked a day later as we sat in the library.

"Yes I do. I am planning to play it at the assembly on Friday."

She nodded as a smile slowly made its way to her face. "Good girl. I’m proud I don’t have to get you in trouble."

I rolled my eyes, annoyed, as I got up and walked away. Walking down the hallway I heard my name being called so I stopped to find it was Ryan.

He came up next to me as I said, "Long time no see."

He shrugged. "Been busy."

"Too busy for me?" I asked, faking hurt.

He laughed, shaking his head. "So, listen, Megan. I don’t think you need to take Tucker down anymore."

"What? Why not?"

He shrugged. "Well, he just kind of stopped bullying me."

I was shocked hearing this. Tucker seemed to actually be changing…for the better.

"Really," was all I said as he nodded.

"So, I guess I’m firing you."

"Ryan, I’m sorry, but I can’t quit. Your sister wants me to take him down."

He shook his head. "Ignore my sister. She has a past with Tucker."

"Really?"

"They used to be friends, but something happened and she’s hated him ever since. She wouldn’t tell me what happened, though."

"I wasn’t expecting that."

He nodded. "There’s a lot you don’t know about Savannah."

Now where had I heard that before?

"Anyways, Ryan. I have to do this. For your sister." For me.

He sighed. "Fine, I guess it would be good to see Tucker Branch be taken down once and for all." And he walked off, leaving me alone in the hallway.

************

It had been two days since I found the video of Tucker. Ok…stole the video of Tucker, but that’s just a little detail. I hadn’t watched the video yet, knowing I might actually change my mind when I watched Tucker dancing, possibly seeing the nice guy who I actually had grown to tolerate.

I groaned in frustration as I made my way down the hall and to my locker. I didn’t know what to do. I knew I had to play the video, but honestly, I didn’t want to.

"Hey," I jumped at the sound of Milles’s voice which had suddenly appeared behind me.

"Hey," I muttered, in no mood at all to talk.

He walked next to me and leaned against the lockers. "So, would you like to go out to dinner with me Friday night?"

I bit my lip, avoiding eye contact. I didn’t have the heart to tell him it was over. Miles was too nice, so instead of dumping him right on the spot I instead said, "Oh, sorry. I can’t. Camping trip."

His eyebrows shot up in surprise. "For someone who doesn’t like camping, your family sure does go a lot."

I shrugged as I shut my locker and tried to walk off, but no. Miles just had to trail along.

"So, how about next week sometime?"

I shrugged, already imagining my next lie. Maybe the twins could happen to be sick and I unfortunately had to be the one to take care of them. "I don’t know, Miles. My life has been kind of hectic lately. You know, homework…tests."