Chapter Four

The three flower boys. The Rose. The Viola. The Sunflower.  

The rose is known for it's attractiveness and fragrant scent. T

hough the thorns of a beautiful rose are murderous and there to protect it's own.   

The Viola comes in the spring, autumn, and winter time leaving a fragrance that comes and goes.    The sunflower is a fiery bloom that resembles' the image of the sun. It's huge and bright appearance leaves an impression of happiness and ease.   

Though it's been a couple of weeks since you've been rejected by Taemin Sunbae, you could not find the strength to shake those cruel words he said to you. Though you were use to hearing things like that from other people, you thought that maybe Taemin Sunbae could have been a tad different. He did help you that one time when everyone had been messing with you.

From that one situation when that one person just pushed your lunch from your desk onto the ground.

Everyone laughed and started to call you names. " Pig." "Slob." "Fatass".

The words wounded you over and over again as they continued to pick on you. But it only took one person to stop the name calling.   

"Stop being a nuisance. Leave her alone." Taemin sunbae had walked into the classroom with his hands in his pockets.   

Almost immediately everyone stopped and turned in his direction as he approached you. Without looking at you, he picked up your lunch and threw it in the trash.

Though you were really hungry, starving, you didn't mind him from doing that.

He stood up and handed you your container and chopsticks and placed a carton of banana milk and bread on your desk. (Because of that gesture you began to love eating bread and banana milk.) The other girls gasped and glared in jealousy.

Taemin half smiled at you and walked away leaving your breath taken away.

The way he stood up for you, ever since that day, you've had feelings for him.

You already knew how good looking he was and how cool he was, that small gesture had only been the creme of the cake.

At least that is what you had thought back then.   

But as it had turned out, he was just as bad as the rest of them.

There was nothing "different" about him.

He was not that same senior who had saved you from that attack.

You always had good intentions in trying to thank him but they never succeeded because he was either always busy with a friend or being talked to by a girl.

You would even wait for him after his dance rehearsals'.

(The one's he would go to after school) But he always seemed to have slipped away without you knowing. (When the dance practices lasted long, you would roam the halls trying to find a vending machine to get some snacks.)

Thinking about it just now, you figured there was no way you could thank him now.   

As you walk down the school hallways, your head down, your footstep's slow, you try to think about something else. Something that did not remind you of that confession.

As you settle into your homeroom class, your friend, Ga Eul, joins you in the seat next to you.    "Good morning." she say's. "Mmm." You responded half-heartedly.