Chapter 40

By the time you were about to get in your bed, you received a text. It was Kai. 

"Let's go on a date." He texted. 

You frowned at the screen, thinking he was crazy. 

"A date? He's in America." You said to yourself. You texted him " How?"

You waited a few minutes until he texted you back by saying to get on a computer and accept a face chat that had been sent to your e-mail. He texted again behind it by saying " I'll be waiting.

You jumped out of bed and quickly gotten a brush to tidy your hair. Hours and miles away, Kai was waiting at a local library in Cali, on his lap top waiting for you to come on. He could hardly wait to see you. He was missing you a lot. He felt like he needed to see you for some strength. 

As you gotten your hair straight and made sure your face was alright, you got on your computer and sorted through your e-mail to find the link Kai sent. You clicked on it and  there was Kai. He had his hand over his mouth as he sat looking bored, waiting for you. You smiled and said his name. 

"Jong In-ah." 

He saw you and quickly put on his head phones. He had a half smile on his face as he saw you. 

"There you are..." his deep voice making you miss him even more. 

"Hello." 

"Good morning...or...should I say...good night." he said. 

"Is it the morning there?" You asked. 

"Is that the first thing you ask after not talking to me for awhile?" Kai asked. 

You smiled and nodded your head once. 

"Jong In-ah..." You said his name. 

"Ppang....I missed you...a lot." he then held out his arms wide enough for you to see demonstrating just how much he missed you. 

You felt good, hearing Kai say that to you. " So this is what having a boyfriend is like." You said to yourself. You never had a boyfriend before. You had no experience. No one had ever liked you as much neither miss you  a lot like Kai claimed he did. It was refreshing. 

"Me too." 

"Did you really?" Kai asked. 

"Mmm."

"How have you been?" Kai asked. 

"Shouldn't I ask you that? I've been well." 

"No one asked you out yet have they?" Kai asked. 

You thought of some of the boys at school who started to flirt at you and offer you dates. If you admitted "yes" to him, you knew that Kai would be upset. So you decided against it. 

"No, everything has just been normal." you said. 

Kai looked at you and nodded his head. 

"I'm glad." he said. 

"Where are you?" you asked, observing book shelves' around him and people walking past. 

"I'm in a library. It's down in the heart of the city. It's amazing. It's huge..." Kai looked around and smiled. 

"Wow...I wish I could see it." You said. 

"One day, I'll bring you here so that you can see it personally." Kai said. 

You kind of brushed out what he said because you didn't think what he was saying was serious. 

"How are you doing in California?"