Chapter 27

Lu Han took a deep breath as he looked at himself in the mirror. Tonight was an important night for him. Tonight was his date with Lauren. He did not want to show too much excitement around Kai and Taemin so he played his "cool" role. When the boys had suggested that they should go out for some pork belly, Lu Han excused himself, telling them that his older sister was cooking dinner and that she would have a fit if he skipped out. It was the easiest lie he told them as they wished him good bye and each said "see ya later." Once they left, Lu Han quickly rushed from the dance studio, to get home. He showered and threw on something that was decent enough. 

When his jie jie (Chinese for older sister) walked passed his room, she saw Lu Han looking at himself in the mirror. Noting his attire up and down, she could not help but come by his side and butt in. 

"What's the occasion?" She smiled at him as she relaxed her chin on his shoulder. 

Lu Han looked at his sister and pushed aside her head with just a finger. 

"None of your business." 

"It is my business....who's responsible for where ever you go and do?" His sister asked. 

Lu Han ignored her and picked up a comb, making an effort to manage some kind of hair style for his head. Jie Jie looked at her little brother and watched as he awkwardly flipped the top portion of his hair to the side. Trying her hardest to hold back her laughter she bit her lip. Lu Han continued to do his hair until he saw his sister giggling. He gasped and rubbed his hands against his face. 

"All you have to do is ask your jie jie for a little help...oy...lend me that comb." She said. 

Annoyed, Lu Han handed her the comb and she ordered for him to sit while she started on his hair. 

"You look handsome." Jie Jie finally said after some quiet time. 

"Thanks." Lu Han said. 

"It's been awhile since I've seen you look in a mirror. Matter of fact, it's been awhile since I've seen you care about a hairstyle. Could it be...that your seeing a girl?" she asked. 

Lu Han did not responded. Automatically she took it as a yes. She smiled. 

"Our "Lu Han" has a girlfriend...omo...how long has it been? The last girl that you dated..."

"Could you not bring that up?" Lu Han said sharply.

That was the only thing Lu Han did not want to bring up. He was already feeling nervous already. He didn't want a need to feel pissed off. Jie Jie sighed and continued to fix his hair. 

"And she's not my girlfriend....yet." Lu Han said. 

Jie Jie couldn't control her smile. 

"Here...I'm finished...have a look..." Jie Jie had pointed to his reflection. 

His sodden face became alive now. He tried hard to control his smile but he could not help it. He leaned in closer to check his skin. Right above his left cheek was a pimple. "Shit." he muttered. 

"Eyyyy, if you don't like it do something about it." Jie Jie responded. 

"No...I like what you've done...it's just...this..." he pointed to the red bubble that was stuck on his face.

"Here." 

She passed him her bottle of BB Cream. Lu Han looked at his Jie Jie as if she was crazy. He was totally against make-up. (At least guy's wearing make-up.) He threw it back into her arms. 

"Stop being stubborn and put it on...you don't want to run away your date because of acne right?" 

"I'm not doing it....I'm not wearing that."