Chapter 18

Lu Han had spotted you waiting outside the school building by yourself. As he start to think about you he smiled and approached you. When you looked up and saw his flawless free face in front of you, you could not help but gasp. "Has he gotten handsomer ever since that last time?" This time he wasn't looking cold. He had an actual smile on his face. 

"Hey..." he said casually. 

You looked around, to make sure that this was surreal -real and to certify that he was really talking to you and not to some one behind you. You responded back.

"H-hello." You grabbed both of your hands and held them together feeling shy. 

"So....I think you handled yourself well today." He said. 

"Eh?" You asked confused.

Lu Han smiled and came closer. He was so close that you could smell the cologne on him. His face was right near yours as he said "The Taemin incident." He pulled back and looked at you holding is friendly expression. The girls around who were on their way walking out of the school gate had started to stop and stare, jealous at what was happening between you and Lu Han. 

"Is this even fair? Lu Han oppa notices nobody..." one of the girls said loud enough for you to hear. 

Lu Han smiled (ignoring the commentary behind him) and put up the "o.k." sign with his fingers. 

"You heard that?" You asked him your eyes wide.

"Mmm."

"You heard....everything?" You asked, even slighting at the hint of the "suicidal" issue. 

"Yes. Everything." He quoted by leaning in once more with his hand opposite of his right cheek. 

Your eyes grew wide and you bent your head down. 

"Don't believe everything that has been said. Especially that rumor." 

"Rumor?" Lu Han asked. 

"I-it's not like that. I-I would never.....I-I couldn't...." You can't say it all the way because now girls were starting to crowd around the two of you and you were becoming really uncomfortable.

"So your not an ugly girl after all...I'm glad." Lu Han said anyway. 

Hearing those small words moved your heart. You were use to being called "ugly"and you did for awhile considered yourself "ugly". But Lu Han's definition of ugly had nothing to do with your looks. It seemed he cared more about the inside. Feeling swayed, you blush, avoiding eye contact with him. And with a small wave, he walked away leaving you and the small crowd around you in awe. 

"Yah he's so cool." One person said behind you. 

"Oppa is really nice....ahhh I'm going crazy..." Another said. 

They all started to run after him, leaving you to yourself. You kind of smiled, feeling good about what had been said until you turned around and saw Taemin walking out of the building with Kai and Yoona. You divert your glance else where, trying to forget what you heard in the bathroom earlier. But you can't help but glance at Taemin and Yoona linking arms and laughing at each other. 

Though Taemin was not the perfect guy you had expected him to have been, though he had hurt you with small/little words,  You can't help but feel a bit sympathetic for him. Yoona was playing Taemin to get revenge on an unnie who had done her wrong. Yoona's method weren't the best you told yourself. If she put Taemin through pain, like he had done you, you can't help but feel bad for him. Maybe if you had told Taemin before hand what Yoona's plans were, then it wouldn't be as much painful on the day when Yoona would do the damage. "Why should I protect the person who I can't even stand?" You asked yourself thinking carefully