Chapter 42

Taemin was gradually walking to school when a woman in her early 30's stopped him. She wore wide oval glasses and her hair was messily pulled into a messy bun. Her clothes looked out dated but with her slightly youthful appearance she still kept an interesting look. She stood outside the gates of the school grounds, studying each person as they passed by the gates. When her eye landed on Taemin,  she immediately lunged forward to him. 

"Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me...." She grabbed onto his shoulders while Taemin looked at this woman wildly. 

"Yah!!!" Taemin complained both shocked and irritated. 

"Stay still, stay still....wow.....wowwwwwww....you are totally handsome." She cried. 

Taemin looked her up and down and separated himself from her hold. 

"Yah Ahjumma..." 

"-gasps- Ahjumma!!??" The woman reacted clearly offended.

"...I'm sorry but I don't date woman like you."

"Date? Date???" She laughed so ridiculously loud that it caused attention to other kids who were walking by. 

Taemin, embarrassed, started to walk away but the woman would not let him go so fast. 

"Yah who are you to be talking so improper to an adult? Did your mother not raise you to speak properly to an adult? And I am not trying to date you. I am a happily married woman. I am married to a top business man in all of Korea." The woman said. 

"My condolences." Taemin judged her appearance and started to walk away again.  

But still the woman held her own.  

"This little rascal....Aigoooo though your a little prick, I still have to do my job. Have you ever thought about singing in a group? How about dancing? How about acting or modeling..."

"What is this a joke?" Taemin said. 

The woman reached inside her bag and handed Taemin a business card. He read it and his eyes opened wide. On it was labeled S.M. ENTERTAINMENT

"Does it seem like a joke? I work for SM. We're recruiting and I think you have what it takes to be an idol." 

"A what?" Taemin said. 

"An idol...you have the perfect look...oh with a change of hair....oh you've already dyed your hair?" She slowly looked at Taemin up and down and studied him a little bit more.

"Oh your perfect all around...please take a look and come to our building. SM would be glad if you would audition." She said. 

"Wait a minute..." Taemin started. 

But before Taemin could say anything, the woman had left, leaving Taemin all to himself. He turned around to follow her but she was gone just like that. You were walking up towards the gates, your mind still on Lu Han and his unfavorable behavior from yesterday. You felt like you wanted to help Lu Han. Your hand landed on the spot where his lips had touched. For some reason you can't stop thinking about it. Knowing how you feel about Kai, you pushed the thought away and tried to concentrate on making it to school on time. 

You looked straight ahead and spotted Taemin looking down at a card and then looking around. You quickly stepped up to him and grabbed his arm. 

"Sunbaeeee!!!" you screeched. 

Taemin shook you off his arm and then turned around to walk into school. You caught up to him and greeted him. 

"Are you okay?" You asked him, noting the confused look on his face.