Chapter 13

You and Kai were almost in front of the school when Taemin had spotted the two of you walking together. Taemin frowned at first, wondering why Kai would be walking around with you. Especially after hearing that you could be possibly suicidal. Correcting his disappointed face, he livened up a bit and called out Kai's name. 

Kai looked up to see Taemin waving at him. You saw Taemin and everything inside you froze up. You were not expecting him to have been there. Kai waved at his friend. Feeling sulky, you jammed the rest of your bread in your mouth and walked away quickly leaving Kai baffled. Kai wanted to catch back up with you but Taemin had reached him and started to greet him before he could even run off. Taemin patted Kai's shoulder and smiled. 

"What's up man." Taemin said. 

"Nothing...what are you doing here? Don't you usually get a ride to school?" Kai asked.

Kai diverted his gaze to catch you walking away with your head bent.

"Today I felt like walking. Hey, what were you doing walking with that girl?" Taemin asked. 

Kai ate some of his bread. 

"Who, You?" 

"Is that her name?" Taemin turned around to see you walk quickly towards the corner to where the entrance of the school started. 

"I saw her at the bread shop and we walked to school together. Do you know her?" Kai asked.

The two of them started to follow your lead and walk towards school. Some girls passed by the duo hoping to get noticed by giggling amongst themselves or going out there way to wish them good morning. Kai and Taemin issued smiles their way's (much to their excitement) and picked up their conversation. 

"She was the one who tried to confess to me." he said. 

Kai remembered when Taemin had mentioned that there had been an overweight girl from your class who had confessed to him. He  remembered that Taemin even made fun of her. Knowing that it had been you, Kai felt irritated as he remembered the way Taemin used his hands to draw your shape

"Oh her?" Kai calmly responded while trying to hold back his irritants. 

"You said that she's in your class right? When did you start hanging out with her?" Taemin asked. 

"We never really hung out." Kai said. 

"Hey, isn't she the one hyung told us to watch out for? Remember he said something about her being suicidal or something?" Taemin asked proceeding through with his words carefully. 

Kai tried to ignore the question as he took another bite. 

"Anyway, just be careful of her. You never know what might happen." Taemin said after Kai had not answered.

" Hyung, what are you talking about? When I'm with you I have to be careful. I'm not always sure of what your capable of." Kai smiled and patted Taemin's shoulder as he joked. 

Taemin smiled and tried to give him a head noogie. Trying to play it off, Kai became settled as the two horse-played until they approached the gates of their school. Kai's homeroom teacher was patrolling the students coming in, inspecting them from head to toe to make sure they were in line with the school dress code. Taemin quickly tucked in his shirt while Kai got rid of the rest of his bread and straightened his tie.

"Gentlemen come in quickly." Kai's homeroom teacher motioned them inside using his large meter stick. 

"Deh." Taemin and Kai responded together while the girls beside them ogled at their cuteness.