Chapter 31

His pair of fist's slammed down onto the lavish coffee table. Kai didn't flinch a bit as he kept his head down and his hands behind his back. His father was scolding him really harshly. His mother was sitting to the side, silently watching on. Kai's result's from the last grading period had came in the mail and his father had gotten to them before he could even touch them. His grades were not good. Falling from A's and B's, Kai received B- and C's. These type of grades were not favorable on a college application. 

"Just what have you been doing all this time?" Mr.Kim scolded. 

The entire house was still yet Mr.Kim's deep baritone carried through out the room's. When Kai was younger, he use to be afraid of his father's aggressive and booming tone and wished to himself that he wouldn't carry that same volume of voice to shake an entire stadium. But regretfully, he had inherited the deep tone. Mr.Kim was a strong, tall man with a hand for discipline and a mind for smarts. Kai, in a way, was just like his father. However Kai was gratefully inherited the "nice and kind personality" from his mother. 

Mr.Kim tossed the piece of paper that were his grades on the table and sternly looked at Kai's bowed head. 

"Is this the type of behavior your promised your mother and I?" Mr.Kim asked.

"No aboeji." Kai said. 

"How do you expect for any ivy league college to accept you with shameful grades like this?" His father protested. 

Kai did not speak. 

"I want to know...what exactly are you doing?" Mr.Kim continued. 

Kai was doing a lot, just to be by your side. Aside from studying all the time, Kai spent the majority of his time with his friends and at the dance studio, practicing choreography. He was also being preoccupied while being around you. At that time before the break, he had spent many time's fooling around and not being consistent with his grades that were once in good standing's with many college's who were looking at him. 

"Jong-In..." His mother said. 

Kai looked at his mother and watched as she nodded, telling him to speak up. Kai raised his head and looked at his father. 

"I've been careless...I'm sorry." He bent down 90 degree's.

"You've been beyond careless. When we came back here, we had an agreement. And already your violating what we've told you to do."

"I haven't gotten into a single fight haven't I?" Kai talked back. 

"Jong-In....do not speak when I am talking. Your grades...this reflects your entire future. Not being responsible, how in the world can I hand down my business to my only son if your struggling to keep up with your studies?" 

Kai did not want to take his father's business. He was not fit for the suits and tie, sitting behind a desk awaiting calls from investor's, working crazy hours, being away from home almost all the time. Kai had other ambitions. He really liked dancing. Since he's been teaching you lately, he's starting to think that just maybe he could choreograph other's people's music. But his father was unaware. His father never asked Kai what he wanted to do in life. He just always pushed the thought of Kai being the successor.

"I don't understand....I thought you were doing well...and now....." Mr.Kim sighed and rubbed his head. 

Kai took one look at his father and stared at the ground, thinking of you. If he could be anywhere else then here, it would be next to you. 

"What are we going to do with you?" Mr.Kim complained. 

After much silence, and irrational thinking, Mr.Kim spoken.