Chapter 10

It was you, Ga Eul, and Kai walking out of the double doors of the school. A few students were still there, studying in their classrooms while wearing weary expressions. Ga Eul felt rejuvenated when she had heard that Kai would be walking her to the intersection to fetch a taxi. She was all smiles as she walked close to Kai (barely linking arms) and talking non-stop. You followed behind them, watching Ga Eul act "cute" in front of Kai. It was actually humorous to see Ga Eul try so hard to impress him. He was so popular and good looking yet when he had spoken to you he seemed down to earth and nice. You figured him and Ga Eul would make a perfect match. 

"But why was he being weird? Why did he say that my name was cute?" You kept asking yourself. No one thought your name was cute. It was actually quite average. Your name doesn't have any special meaning and it's not like it's unique at all. You look at Kai as he smiled down at Ga Eul. " However his smile....is.... really....nice...." you said to yourself. You can't help but stare as he continues to smile at Ga Eul. Then Kai looks beyond his shoulder to see you staring at him. 

Quickly, you divert your glance else where. Hoping to god that he did not catch you looking at him that way. You stuff your hands in your pockets as the cold air hit's your bare cheeks. 

"Oppa..." Ga Eul called him (gaining his attention now). 

"Hmm?" Kai responded.

"Let's eat lunch tomorrow." Ga Eul said. 

"Mmm...sounds good....You..." Kai called your name.

The way that he said your name made your heart beat faster. "NO!!! This can't....I can't....I can't like the way he say's my name." You say to yourself. 

"Deh?" You answered him, trying to control your heart.

"You'll join us for lunch right?" Kai asked. 

Ga Eul turned around looking at you as she widened her eyes. You can tell what she was thinking automatically. She did not want you to be the third wheel. Tearing your gaze from her you looked at Kai and shook your head. 

"I-I don't think I will be able to..."

"She'll be studying. So...it can be just you and I." Ga Eul interrupted you. 

Kai slowly nodded his head and smiled. 

"Maybe next time..." He said and turned back to talk to Ga Eul. 

You look off and continued to walk behind the two. The three of you arrived at the intersection and Kai flagged down a taxi for Ga Eul. Just as she was about to leave she asked Kai...

"Where do you live? Do you want to ride with me?" 

Kai shook his head. 

"I live near here. I'll be fine. Please driver...take care of her well." Kai said to Ga Eul and then the driver.