Chapter 41

Lu Han and you had went out for some snacks. After dance practice, you and Lu Han just decided to chill out before you both went home. You were becoming comfortable with Lu Han. The more the two of you gotten together and talked, the more you felt like you gained something with every conversation. Lu Han was a smart person. He was mature in a lot of ways. You only hoped that some of his intelligence and matureness rubbed off on you. 

As Lu Han invaded a store, buying the snacks, you waited in front of closed down book store, waiting for him to return. Lu Han had been right about you needing to take care of yourself and not to worry too much about Kai. Whatever battle Kai was going through with his parents did not pertain to you. Right now, you feel as if you should be focused on your next step. Which is finishing school (going to college) and find something that you want to do.

"Let's go back to the studio." Lu Han proclaimed as he brought out two bags worth of snacks. 

You didn't protest as you followed him  back to the studio silently. Both of you sat down on the tattered sofa as Lu Han pulled a small table in front of it. He took out some chips and some fruit and some really sweet foods and then pulled out some beer. 

"Yah...what is this?" You picked up a can and looked at it. 

"What does it look like?" Lu Han said with a cool smile. 

You looked over at him to see him opening the can with no problems. He took a sip, groaned in pleasure with how good it felt and then took another sip. Lu Han was at the age of drinking. You weren't just yet. 

"How am I suppose to drink this?" You asked quietly. 

"Just open it and drink it." Lu Han said nonchalantly and then reached for a bag of chips. 

You took a deep breath, knowing your parents won't approve, and opened the can. 

"Cheers." Lu Han held up his can, waiting for you to toast with him. You did so and some beer slapped onto your hands. 

You put the tip to your mouth and began to drink. The taste was awful and it felt painful going down your throat. But the feeling of drinking for the first time, felt refreshing. You look over at Lu Han, as he stared at you. He laughed when your eyes met and then looked elsewhere. His smile was enchanting.

"It get's better the more you drink." Lu Han said. 

"Mmm." You took another sip. It was just as staggering as the first sip but you were prepared for it. This time, it went down a little bit more better. 

"How often do you drink?" You asked Lu Han.

"Not often. I just like to drink when I want to forget something." he said. 

"Is there something you want to forget now?" You asked. 

"There's a lot that I want to forget. But right now...I just want to forget this one person." Lu Han said. 

You think about that person who Lu Han thought about often. Though you did not know the real identity of this person, you felt a bit frustrated that this someone was weighing on Lu Han's mind a lot. Clearly Lu Han was hurt. 

"I'm so naive...still thinking about her at this time. When she's with someone else...." Lu Han said and then took a long drag of his beer. 

"What was her name?" You asked Lu Han. 

"Lauren." Lu Han said. 

You could not match a face with that name. (You did not know a lot of upperclassmen/seniors at that time.)