four » normalizing a vector

dear infinity,

we haven't seen each other in over a week. i hope you haven't been avoiding me. maybe that night hadn't been nearly as perfect as i originally thought, but i know you are perfect, and i know i miss you.

it's a bit strange, i suppose, that you've become such a constant in my life, but i can't take you out of the equation now. i'll never find the solution if i just eliminate a variable altogether.

i see you walking toward me now—

we just talked about it. you said you were nervous because you had such a great time, and you didn't want to mess up what we had. that's okay. you even apologized, even though you didn't have anything to apologize for. i can't find anything that you did wrong.

we made plans for friday night, and you promised that it would be your treat this time. i insisted on handling all the details, though, because i feel like i still need to prove myself to your brother. he's been giving me death glares in the hallway, and i can't help but feel like i need to do something that will convince him that i have no intention whatsoever of hurting you.

my friends have been bugging me nonstop about meeting you, too, but i don't know if they'll scare you away or not, so i've been brushing them off. i have a feeling that they'll go to meet you on their own, however, if i ignore their requests for too long, and that will most definitely end in disaster.

maybe if this second hangout goes well, i'll feel confident enough in my friends to let them meet you. but for now, i think i'll keep you to myself.

sincerely,
beyond