Chapter 38: Promises.

I took a break. I kept running on and on. I always looked behind me starting to worry slightly. I’ve made a big mistake, I shouldn’t have run away. Harry probably would literally kill me. I kept on walking, people staring at me. No wonder, I probably look like the walking dead.

I accidentally bumped into a few people, mumbling a quiet “sorry”. They yelled at me, though I didn’t care, I ignored it. I kept on walking down the street. I felt kind of dizzy, no clue of where I was going. I saw a bench in an alley and that’s where my legs led me. I laid down, falling asleep instantly.

 I woke up by loud noises, which were cars. I now remembered, I fell asleep on a bench. I was feeling a lot better than yesterday, but I was hungry. My stomach was growling, so I continued my little journey. The streets were a lot emptier than last night, so now it was easier to see where I was going. I was walking for what felt like hours, when I suddenly bumped into someone…I knew.

“Livvy? Wha- Why?” Zayn asked. I bumped into fucking Zayn, this is just great. “Let me go!” I yelled, trying to get out of his grip. He covered up my mouth. “Quiet! I’m not letting you go, you’re coming with me.” Zayn confessed. I was scared, what if he’d take me back to Harry’s? “No, Zayn, it’s alright, I can handle myself.” I tried to convince him, though it didn’t really seem to work. “Look at yourself! You look like you were out here all night, you need a shower, and then we can talk about what happened.” He said. Zayn was different, he cared about me. We drove to his flat, which looked lovely. I took a shower and then the talking began.

“Why were you out there?” Zayn asked curiously. “Uhh..well it’s complicated..” I simply answered. “But, there must’ve been a reason. Livvy you can tell me, I promise.” He asked again. “No, Zayn, I can’t tell you. It’s just complicated. Zayn’s phone was ringing, so he stood up and read the message he got.

He now had a quite angry look in his eyes and walked over to me, handing me his phone. “What do you have to say about this?” He flinched. I looked at the screen, it was a text message.

“Hey man, I’ve been texting the other guys. Livvy once again escaped. If you see her please tell me and I’ll get her. Thanks mate. –H”

I looked up at him, he took his phone out of my hands about to text back. I rushed up, covering up the phone. “Zayn..please. Don’t do this, I’m hurt, I can’t go back to him.” I begged. He looked at me. “Alright, but you’re gonna tell me why you ran away, otherwise I’ll let Harry get you.” He said sternly. I huffed and let myself fall onto the couch. “Alright I guess..” I said. He sat down next to me. “Give me reasons, why you escaped..” Zayn then broke the tension. “He made me cut through all the stress..through everything, he punished me, he had hit me several times…I-I just couldn’t take it anymore. All of this is just too much, I can’t handle it anymore Zayn, I just can’t.” I then felt tears streaming down my face. His expression now was torn apart. “He hit you? Are you serious?” He asked shocked. I nodded. He stood up, couldn’t believe my words. He mumbled things to himself like “Why would Harry hit such a beautiful girl” and “How dare he, he’d never do this, this can’t be real”.

Zayn flipped out about it. He went totally insane. “Zayn you need to calm down, now!” I screamed. He then stopped. “Zayn, it’s going to be alright, just please don’t tell him I’m here..” I whispered. He looked at me, deep into my eyes. He now knew how I felt, and he acted differently than everyone else. “I promise, I won’t tell. You’re staying with me for a while..it’s safer for you.” He told me, giving me a hug. “But if you wouldn’t have bumped into me..where did you want to go?” Zayn asked me. “I really don’t know Zayn, I really don’t..” I sighed.

Zayn’s phone was ringing again. It must be Harry, ‘worrying’ to death about me. Since Zayn left the room, I went to check what it said.

“Mate, since you’re not answering I’ll be there in a few, just to make sure! She won’t be getting away with this, that little bitch! –H”

That’s when I screamed. I dropped the phone, scared to death. Harry’s going to come here, he’s going to find me. I’m dead. Zayn rushed to me, taking my hands in his. “What’s wrong!?” He asked, worriedly. “Y-you got a message and I read it-“ I sniffed, about to cry again “-a-and it was Harry and he’s coming here. You didn’t reply, and now he’s coming here! You bastard! You tricked me, now he’s going to find me and probably slaughter me!” I punched Zayn in his chest, freaking out. “Hold up. I tricked you!? You’ve got to be kidding me! I’m not Niall or Louis! I don’t do this shit! You need to calm down. I’ll handle it. I’ll call him and tell him you’re not here, and I haven’t seen you.” He replied.

*Zayn’s Point of view*

I dialed Harry’s number. Gosh I felt really bad for Livvy. I never thought Harry would abuse a girl, beautiful like her. I really thought he was a nice guy, treating them like woman, gentlemen like, but what she had told me, scared me. I was shocked, and couldn’t believe her own words. He picked up.

“Yeah, what do you want? I’m on my way.” Harry said slightly pissed off.

“Harry, there’s no need to come, she’s not here. I haven’t seen her, I didn’t even know she was missing until I got your text. If I see her, I’ll reassure you, I’ll tell you.” I lied to him, staring back at Livvy, who was still pretty upset.

“If you say so, if you dare lie to me, you’re dead.” Harry forcefully said into the speaker.

“I won’t lie, I promise, see you soon.” I hung up.

This probably was the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. Harry and I were really close friends, he was like one of those people I met in High School. Yes, he was different, he experienced a horrible childhood and he’s one of those guys, who just want a bit of fun, and I guess, that’s what he did. He basically used Livvy as his girl, his everything. I just didn’t believe this. I really don’t know what to believe anymore. The world is cruel and complicated, so is Livvy’s life.