Chapter 28 Ed Sheeran

            I put on a fake smile as I walked to the lobby of a private airport to see Ed waiting on me. Well, it wasn’t all the way that fake, I was happy to see him, it had been a while.

            He stood up and gave me a manly hug with a sly smile on his face. “I’ve already started working on it, based off what we’ve talked about.” He admitted.

            That didn’t surprise me at all. We were going to write a song. What really surprised me was the fact that he hadn’t finished.

            “That’s fine. I can’t wait to hear it.” I said honestly.

            One of the things that I loved about Ed was how cool and down to Earth he was. Also that fact that he would rather drive himself around then to have someone else do it.

            He didn’t live too far so we got there rather quickly.

            In part of his house he had a personal studio room where he would write and record music. It was fascinating really, I was quite jealous of it. So much, that might be one of my next investments.

            I sat across from him as he picked up his guitar and handed me a sheet of lyrics. I read it over. It was perfect. He started to strum, I began to sing.

            “If we could only have this life…”

            He cut me off. “Not like that, like this.” He said.

            He took the paper from me and laid it down so that both of us could look at it. He began to strum again and this time he began to sing.

            “If we could only have this life for one more day, if we could only turn back time.”

            I started in, too.

            “You know I’ll be, Your life, your voice. Your reason to be, my love, my heart is breathing for this moment in time, I’ll find the words to say…. Before you leave me today.”

            We finished. I felt myself tear up. It was so beautiful. “What’s it called?” I asked.

            “Moments.” He answered.

            I nodded and wiped away my tears. Moments, it was just perfect for everything. Moments was all I ever had with Addison.

            It took us three hours to finish the song. Just three house. As we put it together the words just fell from my lips. I called Louis, and he was going to make sure that the boys were going to be ready to learn it. We were going to sing it for her.

            “Do you want to play it with us?” I asked Ed as he finished packing. He was going to attend Addy’s funeral. I regretted not introducing them. They would have loved each other.

            It surprised me when he shook his head no. “Why not?” I asked. I thought it would had been great to have all of us up there.

            He put a hand on my shoulder. “It’s your show, buddy.” He said.

            It took longer for the guys to learn the song, than it did for us to write it. Not that it was their fault, we needed to be performance ready, that usually takes more than a night to happen. We ran through the song six or seven times, after we figured out who sang what part.

            “Before you leave me, today…..” Zayn sang, his voice loud and then softening.

            Niall and Ed finished with the guitar and the song was over. Ed was the first to clap. “It went really good that time.” He told us.

            Niall chuckled. “This time?” he teased.  He lifted up his guitar and flexed his fingers.

            Ed went to give him a little shove but Niall dodged it, laughing. Ed went back to strumming. “Cheeky, bastard. He muttered under his breath.

            I was the only one who heard him and I couldn’t hide my smirk. But then I got back to business. “Let’s go again!” I told them.

            Liam, Louis and Zayn were ready to go. They understood what this meant to me. Niall knew, but sometimes, that boy did not know how to keep his mouth shut.

            “Okay, bossy.” He said as he got back in his chair.

            I gave him a look that said ‘Don’t fuck with me.’ And that was the end of it.

Hey J

See things are indeed getting better! Yes, this was a lot shorter, but there was no need for it to be super long. J Only 3 chapters left uh-oh J

-Andrea