warriors and scars

Chapter: 8

warriors with scars

Song: Exs and Ohs by Elle King

My heart shattered. Stiles' face dropped just like my heart did. It looked like Stiles had been shot with a bullet to the heart. I kept walking down the block crying silently as I opened the house door. I shut it feeling this great horrific feeling. Like I was lost. I went into the kitchen and opened the fridge. There was a piece of paper stuck to the baloney. Opening the letter, I read it,

"Go where we first ate together." It was written in Stiles' messy handwriting.

I walked to the dining room and searched for a clue or another note. Surely enough, I found another note under the chair.

"Laugh all you want but it was a smart move. Go to where I first picked you up in my arms." Climbing the stairs, I found another note on the handrail.

"I picked you up for the first time on these stairs. I also made my first promise to you here. I broke that promise tonight and let you go. I'm sorry for listening to you when you told me lies. I called Lydia. She remembered how much you liked me even when I didn't. Climb up the stairs and into the bedroom. Collect the 'I'm Sorry' present."

I found a set of flowers that were placed on the bed, a cd player was playing "Sorry" by Justin Bieber on the bed as well. I read another note;

"I know this might be cheesy but I do love you Adrea Wilson. And this time I'm going to keep my promise and never let you again." Clutching the flowers and the notes, I climbed down the stairs to make myself dinner. Stiles was standing in the dining room table surrounded by my favorite: Smash Burger.

"Adrea Wilson...I know your life is messed up. But so is mine. Together we make one big hot mess. I know that I'm not the best guy and there will be other problems and shit but I want to go through all of that with you. Adrea.... You won't ever be alone again. I promise for real this time. And someday, I want to be slipping real diamond ring on your finger but for now, it's going to have to be a cheap piece of shit from the dollar store. This happened way out of plan and was unexpected so this is the best I could do in a ½ hour it took you to walk to this house. For now, you are going to have to settle for this piece of fucking shit. Adrea Wilson, will you do me the amazing honor of being my girlfriend?" Stiles asked as he held out the crap ring to me on one knee. I thought about it. I'd be committed. Someone could find me and tell 'him'. It's risky. Plus was Stiles really going to marry me?

"Yes." I whispered so silently only I could hear my answer that had slipped out of my mouth. I was terrified of my own answer. Stiles' face warmed up and he slid the shit on my finger. We kissed for a moment so beautiful. I wish I could go back to it.

"I promise to let you wear makeup." He smiled.

"If you want to see-"

"I thought you would never ask." Stiles sighed clutching my hand where his crap ring laid on my finger.

"Now?" I asked him.

"When is a better time?" He asked a rhetorical question. Climbing the stairs, I complained to Stiles.

"Do I have-"

"Don't even ask me that." Stiles demanded. I went into the bathroom and Stiles followed me pulling the toilet cover down and sitting on it.

"Go into the other room." I demanded.

"Fine." Stiles sighed. I took the makeup remover and took a cotton ball. It obviously took more than one cotton ball but when I was done, I asked Stiles to come in the bathroom. I sat down on the toilet seat and covered my face with my hands. Well I tried to.

"Adrea. I know that's not really your hair either." Stiles sighed.

"Fine." I sighed pulling off my wig removing my hands from my face.

Stiles starred. And starred. And starred some more. As if he was absorbing all the little cuts and scars on my face.

"Please stop starring. I....say something." A tear skipped down my face instantly. I had never shown anybody anything so deep before. My mother knew of my scars but she has never seen them. It was a special moment and the silence was painful.

"You.....are beautiful." He gasped as if I took his breath away from his lungs.

"Stop making fun of me." I sighed, more tears having the same fate as all the other ones before it.

"By saying your beautiful, I'm not making fun of you. I'm admiring my amazing beautiful girlfriend. As pretty as she is." Stiles softly said grazing his hand against my red, tear-streaked face. And so I kissed him. And then I fell asleep in his arms right on the bathroom floor. Some girls might say "Ewe! Disgusting." But for me, that was one of the most perfect moments of my life. And it had been fun while it lasted.

************************