werewolves dealing with hurt

Chapter 30: 

werewolves dealing with hurt

Song: Say My Name By Destiny's Child

"How do you know?" Derek asked Scott.

"She was found dead when she was a sophomore in high school. If I listened right, then my sister used to be your lover." Stiles spat not bothering to look back and talk directly to Derek face to face.

"WOW." I gasped.

"Wow what, bitch?" Stiles rudely spat.

"Wow you're a fucking douche." I said as I climbed out of the car with two blankets covering me.

Derek followed me out of the car. I leaned against the car as I heard Stiles scream bits and pieces of hurtful cruel things at me. My eyes watered and my heart drowned. My butt sitting on the front of the car, the blankets covered every inch of me as my body was slouched.

"You know what the worst part is?" I asked Derek who had come into blurry view.

"What?" Derek said as tears strolled down my face, freely.

"My heart still loves him. And my brain is telling it to stop. Just stop feeling anything for him. Because my brain hates him. But I love him and I don't want to. I don't want to feel anything." I cried yelling at myself. I had clutched a fist of my hair in my hand. Derek's hand softly laid onto of the clutched fist of hair. He unclenched the hair from my grasp.

"Sometimes if you love someone, you have to let them go. Or else you will be stuck nowhere while they are everywhere. I'm not saying that this is going to be easy and I'm not saying this so I could get you in my arms instead of his. I'm telling you this so you can find happiness. With whomever it may be. Just let go when it gets too much. I promise I'll be there to catch you when you fall." Derek explained holding my hand.

"SHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE WITH ME, SCOTT! THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE ME! SHE'S A SLUT AND A CHEATER!" Stiles screamed from the car.

After a couple of minutes, it finally struck me what he said.

I clutched my chest as those words sunk through me like a knife. My throat closed up as I sunk to the floor. My breath started not to go through to my brain. I clutched my throat because it felt like someone or something was choking me. Like there was a belt around my neck. But it all stopped as I felt claws quickly swipe against my throat. I made a gurgle noise. Pain coursed through my veins and blood splurged out of my throat as my head leaned against the car engine. I felt as if I was Brody dying on the floor.

"You'll be okay." Derek said clutching my hand. He pulled me into his arms and for a second, I thought I was in the same place as Paige.

"Paige..." I slurred like a drunken person.

"No. No. NO. You are nothing like her. You'll make it. I'm sorry. I know you'll make it though." Derek said rocking me in his lap.

"You......think.....you could've....saved....her?" I asked slurring again not being able to get out a sentence.

"I could've saved her. I could've saved her like I did you. I could've bitten her. But some people aren't made for the bite. They sometimes don't take it. Just.....make it 'Lyssa. I'll be here when you change. I promise." He kissed my forehead a bunch of times and kept rocking me like a baby.

"How...do...you...know....I...will....take...the...bite? I.....could....not....take...it and...die." I said.

"You are going to make it. I love you. Make it." Derek said. My pain had gotten worse. Derek took my hand and I watched as the veins from my arm turned blackish and they traveled to Derek's veins. Derek groaned a bit because the pain transferred to him but the pain went away from me for a bit. I gasped as the pain came back.

"I'm sorry." Derek said gasping.

"It's okay." I said after waiting a couple of seconds. The pain increased as I clutched Derek's bare chest.

"Make...it....stop..." I croaked. The pain just kept getting worse until my eyes involuntary shut, letting my mind go into darkness.