3 Mr Blake

Clarke awoke several times during the night, sweating and gasping for breath. Eventually she gave up on sleep entirely and sat up on her bed, staring at the wall of her tent from the floor.

She wiped her tired eyes and peeped through the small part of the tent which she could see through and acted as a window.

It was still dark out and there were no signs of the sun.

She reached for her scruffy pad of paper and the pen she had found.

She began to draw. She drew trees and an area of forest much like where they had set up camp when they first landed on earth.

She sketched the sun shining through the trees and melted in to the drawing, investing herself in the scene until she no longer felt grounded on this earth, all her horrors sifting away into nothing.

By the time she had finished and looked up, there was sunlight seeping through the window of her tent.

As soon as she looked away from the drawing all the torment of her nightmares from last night came flooding back.

She slid out of bed and stood up off the floor, brushing her hair quickly with her fingers before putting on a brave face and heading outside.

A lot of people were already up and working, guards were swapping and coming off from their night shifts.

Kane was walking around, his hands behind his back formally like always and Jasper and Monty were stood to one side, laughing and working on something.

Clarke desperately wanted to go over and talk to them but she knew she shouldn't. She heald the wavering smile on her face and started heading to the eating area where several people were sat.

Everyone seemed to give her sideways glances of uncertainty and Clarke pretended they werent there as she got a measly portion of fruit for her breakfast.
She went to sit at a makeshift table by herself and started to eat, ignoring the people who whispered as they passed her.

She hated everyone acting this way and she wanted nothing more than to go back to her tent and never come out again.

When she looked up, someone was sat on the log accross from her.

"Hi" Clarke said to Bellamy who had a crooked smile on his face. His hair was slightly messy around his head but he looked well and Clarke wished she could say the same about herself.

"Hey Princess" he said cheerily and part of Clarke was glad he was happy and part of her hated it.

"You sleep last night?" He said, but Clarke could tell he already knew the answer was no. Clarke tried to act cool.

"Yeah I got a few hours" she stated with the faint hint of a smile. Bellamy nodded even though it was clear he wasn't buying any of this.

"So why have you come to sit at the freak table?" Clarke asked, not quite sure why he'd chosen to sit with her over his sister and Lincoln who were sat at a table with a spare seat.

Bellamy laughed and looked down at the table. "You're not a freak" he said but he was smiling.

"Yeah. Try tellin that to everyone else" she sighed and Bellamy looked up at her then around at the camp.

"No one will give you any trouble. If they do, they'll have me to answer to!" Bellamy said and Clarke couldn't help but feel shocked.

"Oh and people should run away from Mr Blake! The man who shot the chancellor and ventured into Mount Weather alone" Clarke fake swooned, as if she were a doting fan of his.

Bellamy laughed and rolled his eyes as he chucked a berry at her lightly. He started to get up then "see ya princess" he said with a wink he knew would annoy her.

Clarke let her head rest on her hand as she finished her breakfast. She had to do something to gain people's trust back but she was lost for ideas on how to do that exactly.

AT: hope you liked this chapter and a lil bit of cheeky bellarke in there x sorry this book will be quite slow moving, I just like to set the scene and the plot before I go charging in to anything so do stick around x

Rates and Comments are appreciated and if you're enjoying the story, do recommend it to anyone you think might like it too x

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions just ask :)