10 Beneath The Stars

The two of them stayed in the cove for hours, swimming around and having contests to see who could hold their breath the longest, Bellamy always won.

Clarke heaved herself from the water and tried to shake herself down and Bellamy did the same beside her.

Clarke quickly became aware that her shirt had turned see through and she reached quickly for her jacket, putting it on.

She turned to see Bellamy bringing his wet shirt off over his head, leaving Clarke to stare at his tightly built chest.

She forced her eyes away once Bellamy had pulled the shirt from his face. He balled it up, shoved it in his bag and put his jacket on but neglected to do it up.

"Come one" Clarke said, pretending she wasn't mildly interested in just staring at his chest some more. She shook her head to herself, pushing the thought way, way back.

They walked back out of the cave to find the temperature had dropped considerably and having wet clothes didn't help matters at all.

"Come on" Bellamy said secretivly and he hopped up the bank smoothly, holding out a hand which Clarke took and helped her up. He started heading off but Clarke was confused.

"Where are you going?" She said, feeling a rush of adrenaline which was pushing her to follow him. "Camps the other way" she stated with a laugh and he shook his head.

"I know but I want to show you something!" He stated and Clarke didn't argue further, she hadn't wanted to go back anyway.

Clarke followed Bellamy through the woods until the sun started to set. She asked him over and over where they were going but he wouldn't peep a single word.

"Up here" he said, starting to climb a mossy stone wall, which had formed almost a set of steep, rocky steps over time.

Clarke took Bellamy's outstretched hand and he helped her climb the rock until they reached a ledge.

Clarke looked out to see that all that uphill walking, causing her legs to ache had paid off.

She could see out over all the trees and even see where the Ark had crashed in the distance, and the camp.

Clarke sat down, her legs dangling over the edge of the overhanging ledge and Bellamy came to sit beside her.

The sunset had caused the sky to turn streaks of bright orange and pink.

"Wow" she breathed, unable to believe what she was seeing and she followed a flock of birds with her wide eyes, that burst through the blanket of trees and flew through the air, becoming silhouettes against the sun.

"How did you find this place?" Clarke asked, turning to Bellamy where she could see the coloured sky reflecting in his dark brown eyes, he was smiling contentedly.

"I was practicing my aim out here...followed a bird until I shot it, I had to climb up here to retrieve it and well..." he said, sweeping his arm out, gesturing to the wonderful view.

"Thank you for showing it to me...I needed this" Clarke said, turning to watch the sun slowly disappearing behind the trees in the distance.

"Good" Bellamy said quietly and they sat there until the sun was gone completely.

Clarke lay down on her back, her feet still over the edge and Bellamy followed suit.

"it's funny to think...we once lived up there" Clarke said, lifting her hand and pointing at the stars. "I remember showing Charlotte the Ark as it was orbiting above us..." Clarke said and Bellamy turned to look at her.

"I still think about her..." Bellamy said sadly and Clarke let her hand fall to her side.

She turned her head also, so they were now looking at one another and she smiled weakly.

"So do I..." she admitted and she felt something scrape the side of her hand, she soon realised it was Bellamy's fingers.

Clarke let her hand fall into his and he began to play with her fingers, running his through hers and she let him, returning to stare up at the stars.

Clarke sighed as she remembered they actually had to go home. She carefully slid her hand from Bellamy's and stood up.

"We should go" she said quietly and Bellamy groaned like a child who didn't want to get out of bed. Clarke grabbed his hands and pulled him to his feet and together they climbed down the rock and walked home side by side, in a peaceful silence.

AT: enjoy this chapter? Let me know in the comments xxx rates are appreciated xxx

Thanks to you all and love you bye xx