6 Officer Blake

Clarke let out a dry cough as her body pulled her awake.

She couldn't really remember what had happened the night before or why but she quickly became aware of a strong pain in her leg and the faint sting of a cut on her cheek.

She opened her eyes to find she was in medical and to see Bellamy slumped beside her hammock, his arm stretching across her stomach and falling softly over the other side, a wet cloth in hand.

Clarke tried to move, wanting to check her leg but all she managed was to nearly tip herself out of the hammock.

The sudden movement startled Bellamy awake and he caught Clarke just as she was about to fall on him.

He gently heald her shoulders and settled her back down in the hammock, steadying it again.

"Sorry" Clarke said with an apologetic smile as Bellamy sighed in exasperation. He brought his hand across his face and pulled it through his hair slightly but he was smiling.

"How are you? I tried to-" Bellamy began when suddenly he was shoved to the side by Abby who had run at the first sight of her daughter.

"Oh Clarke are you alright? What happened?" She cried, grabbing her daughters hand.

"I'm fine...I fell last night and hit my leg pretty badly, scraped my cheek on the way down also..." Clarke lied and she pointed out which leg.

Her mum began peeling up her trouser when she remembered Bellamy, someone she was never really keen on.

"Bellamy would you mind giving us a moment!" She snapped, saying in her own way 'get out'.

Bellamy hesitated for a moment his eyes narrowing slightly as he looked at Abby and Clarke knew he wasn't happy about this but he left anyway.

"He saw me fall mum...he brought me in last night" Clarke said, remembering falling into his arms as she collapsed.

Abby didn't say anything as she examined Clarke's swollen leg which had turned a murky purple.

She began pressing it gently around the wound and Clarke winced whenever it hurt.

"Good news is that nothing's broken. You were lucky" she said, smiling gently as she placed a hand on Clarke's head.

Her mum helped her up and Clarke insisted she sit down before she left.

Clarke walked into the hall to find Bellamy still waiting.

"Hey...you're still here" she said, quite surprised and Bellamy nodded.

"Why did you lie to your mom?" He said, his arms folded as he stared at his feet. Clarke hesitated for a moment.

"I couldn't tell her the truth...she doesn't need to worry" Clarke stated and she tried to walk past Bellamy but he grabbed her by the arm.

"Clarke..." he said and he looked down at the floor again. "Do you remember what I once said to you?" He said quietly and Clarke stared at him, not sure what he was talking about. "Who we are...and who we need to be to survive are very different things..." he said, repeating what he had once told her and she kept her eyes locked with his, her arm still in his grasp.

She almost didn't feel grounded to anything...in that moment she was being heald up by Bellamy's brown eyes.

"Bell"

Clarke snapped out of her transe and looked up to see Octavia and Bellamy released Clarke's arm.

"Hey Clarke...how you doing?" Octavia said and Clarke relaxed, this being the first time she properly talked to Octavia in a while.

"I'm fine" Clarke lied with a smile and suddenly Octavia was wrapping her arms around Clarke. Clarke returned the hug.

"I understand why you did what you did..." she said and Clarke knew she wasn't just talking about the mountain But about the grounder village also. "You saved my life...thank you" she said quietly before letting her go and she smiled at her gently.

"You two okay?" Octavia asked suspiciously, a slight smile on her face as she sensed the tense air between them.

"Yeah...Bellamy was just asking me when he had to go on watch" Clarke said and then she turned to Bellamy, "it's your time now, you should get going" Clarke suggested formally and she walked down the hall, feeling oddly flustered but she couldn't tell why.

AT: This was SUCH a filler chapter and im so sorry! This story is so slow paced but oooh whats Clarke feeling? You'll just have to wait and seeeee xxx first chapter of the new year!

Thanks for reading, liking and commenting! Bye