12 The Way He Looks At Her

Bellamy tortured himself for the rest of the week, wanting something he couldn't have...someone.

He'd grown to respect Clarke but that had turned into like and Bellamy knew Clarke liked him...as a friend.

But there was something building for Bellamy and when Clarke had wanted to leave, all Bellamy could think to do was come up with a way to get her to stay. He liked her...really liked her.

But she was clarke! Friends with everyone and her mother definitely didn't like him very much...if at all really.

Bellamy would always watch Clarke, the way she seemed to adapt to anything, joking around with people who needed it but serious when someone needed her help.

Bellamy was watching her now, she had run over, to where a young girl had fallen off the new playground that was still being built.

Clarke didn't say "you shouldn't have been on there" or anything like that but she had quickly got some people to carry the crying girl to medical once checking her over.

"Bell!" Bellamy heard the annoyed voice of his sister. And he turned round to see her staring at him. "Bell I've been trying to get your attention for ages" she snapped and Bellamy smiled apologetically, causing her to shove him.

"Bell do you want to talk about something" Octavia asked, her eyes shifting to the Ark where Clarke had just entered before she looked back down at him.

Bellamy said nothing. He wasn't going to talk about this with anyone...let alone his sister! But Octavia seemed to find this ammusing and sat down eagerly.

"No way!" She cried as if reading his mind and Bellamy turned to glare at her and she giggled as though she were a little girl again. When she realised Bellamy wasn't owning up, she became serious again "I see the way you look at her Bell..." she said quietly.

Bellamy hung his head lower, there was no point denying it anymore. "That obvious huh?" He said and Octavia was speechless for a moment, as if she hadn't expected him to say anything.

"You're my brother...and I've never seen you like this, you've been in your own head all week!" She stated and she was right.

"What can I do?" He said in agitation, "it's her...she's...and I'm..." Bellamy said and Octavia sighed, bringing her head to fall on his shoulder and she gave his arm a squeeze, or she tried too, finding it difficult to squeeze muscle.

"Bellamy! You can't just do nothing!" Octavia said as if it were as easy as walking and with that she got up and walked away, an amused smile on her face.

Bellamy knew she was right but he just didn't know how to go about it...he'd never felt this way about anyone and he wasn't exactly known to be someone who holds "long term" relationships.

He feared receiving every possible kind of rejection; the laugh of disbelief, followed by an awkward look of realisation that hes serious; the flat out No!; the Obsurd no and the "as if!"; or the awkward rejection where she doesnt say No but uses other words to that affect, like "well...we're such good freinds so..." and "with everything going on I don't know if I can do it".

Bellamy sat in his tent, trying to work up the corage to do it! When he didn't even know what it was! How could they go on a date? He couldn't just out right tell her he liked her...could he?

Bellamy finally pushed himself out of his tent towards the end of the day, hoping Clarke was done in medical.

He saw her lighting a fire, the flames bursting up and bathing her face in a beautiful orange glow, making Bellamy's nerves waver.

"Clarke!" He called walking over to her. She looked up expectantly as he came closer.

"Yeah?" She asked and Bellamy was searching his brain for something to say! Anything would be good you idiot! Shit what do I say? Bellamy had been silent for a while and blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

"Hi...."

AT: Sorrry to end it in suchhh a shitttty place haha xxx

Thanks for reading commenting and all that awesome stuff love you :)