20 Public

Clarke gently opened her eyes, adjusting to the light shining in through the tent. She hadn't had another nightmare after the first one but she felt drained.

She quickly became aware of the empty space beside her....

Bellamy was gone and a lot of noise was coming from outside.

Clarke sprang out of bed as she heard the commotion outside. No time for a lie in!

She quickly dressed and left her tent to see most people gathering around the gate, except for a few straglers staying close to the Ark.

Abby and Kane were stood at the front of it all and Clarke forced her way into the crowd of yelling people, she saw Raven and Wick stood beside Jasper and Monty to the side of the group.

Someone grabbed her arm and she turned to see Octavia who was accompanied by a very serious and worried looking Lincoln.

"Where's Bellamy?" Clarke asked but before Octavia could reply Clarke was forced back as the anxious crowd gave her a forceful shove.

She gave up on trying to get back to Octavia and set out for her mother.

"Mom! What is going on?" Clarke asked once she finally reached them.

All of the guard were posted around the gate, their guns out towards the forest.

"I saw men! They had weapons! They were heading this way!" A man cried out, running foward, having to be restrained by some guards.

"We caught sight of suspicious movement...some people volunteered to investigate" Abby stated and Clarke's heart sank. Bellamy!

"Bellamy?" Clarke asked and her mum nodded. Clarke was furious! But she didn't have time to comb through all the reasons why as another push came from the crowd.

Clarke turned around as a woman cried out from the midst of it. "My husband is out there!" She yelled in dismay and her outburst encouraged others.

"They shouldn't be out there!"

"Why arent the council doing anything?"

"My son! You let my son go when he's just a naive teenager who doesn't know what he's getting in to!"

"How could you let this happen?"
Soon enough everyone was yelling something, their words becoming inaudible. Clarke had had enough and straighted herself out, taking a forceful step towards the crowd holding her hands out.

"Hey!" She yelled over the noise and only a few people payed attention. "HEY!" she said again but much louder and people started to look at her until they were all quiet except for a few murmurs.

"Your Sons...Husbands and Friends were not forced to go out there! Be proud that they had the courage or be angry with them for volunteering but this had nothing to do with the council! We have winter to prepare for, you arent helping anyone stood here and making a fuss! If anything it's putting us at further risk. So stop worrying and get back to work!" Clarke ordered in the nicest yet most forceful way she could.

A few people began to murmur but to Clarke's relief the crowd began to disperse and within a few minutes the atmosphere in the camp was back to normal.

Clarke turned back to her mum who was looking at her in shock. "Nicely done Clarke" Kane said, nodding at her in approval.

"Watch out for our people!" Clarke said harshly and Kane nodded before she walked away.

Her blood was boiling but she still didn't have time to focus on it when Octavia found her again.

"Bellamy's out there Clarke!" She cried and Clarke nodded, trying to hide just how worried she was and she shoved her hands in her pockets so no one would see them shake.

"I know Octavia!" Clarke cried, feeling helpless. "He'll be fine" Clarke insisted weakly but even Octavia could see she wasn't sure of that.

Clarke spent the rest of the day waiting for Bellamy to return with the others.

One day turned to two...which turned to three.

The guard were now setting up a search party and were going to head out if the volunteers didn't return before the third day was up.

Clarke tried to get them to go sooner but they were persistent that, that wasn't going to happen.

Clarke was sat in her usual place by the gate where she would sit and wait for any sign of movement. A couple of times she had jumped up at a sound only to find out it was just birds breaking through the trees.

When by the time sunset came around on the third day and Clarke was fiddling with her thumbs, she heard a different sound.

All the guard had heard it too and pushed her back as they moved to see out of the gate, blocking her view.

She desperately tried to see but there was a huge fuss as people noticed the commotion and Clarke was soon too far away to see anything.

So she gave up and sat down. She sighed, running her hand over her head when she looked back over to see someone pushing their way through the crowd.

Bellamy.

She jumped up and ran to him, jumping on him and wrapping her legs around his waist. He didn't fail to catch her and she pressed her lips into his.

She hadn't seen him in days and hadn't known if he was alive or not! She kissed him deeply and he heald her tightly as if he would never let go, not caring that everyone could see!

AT: I know I updated recently butttt I couldn't resist! Sue me hehe xxx

Thanks for reading and love you allll xxxxxxx ;)