Chapter 2- The Beach

I practically ran up the stairs to my room. I was so excited! Today was the day that I could finally show Jarrad that I could be much more than just his best friend's little sister.

When I got to my room I pulled out my three cutest bikinis. The first one was hot pink with white polka dots. The second was black with white polka dots. I chose the last one that was leopard print with a hot pink trim. I threw on some jean shorts and one of Jarrad's tank tops over it. I put on some white flip flops and went down stairs.

"Is that my shirt?" Jarrad asked walking over to me.

I blushed and said "Yeah. You want it back?"

He looked at me and walked around a bit and said "Nah. It looks way better on you."

I blushed and looked over at Sam who clearly looked disgusted. A few seconds later I heard Kian walk down the stairs and say "Okay. Let's go."

We all went outside and got in Kian's car. For the 5 minute ride to the beach Jarrad occasionally glanced back and winked at me. And each time he did, I could hear Sam mumble something. I didn't pay attention to him though. I was too focused on Jarrad.

When we got there, we found a nice place to lay down and Kian and Sam immediately went to the water. Me and Jarrad sat down and soaked in the warm sun for a few minutes, then I took off my shorts and tank top.

"Damn" Jarrad said when he looked at me.

"What?" I said innocently.

"You look amazing."

"Thanks." I said blushing.

Then I noticed Kian and Sam coming over to the towels and Kian said, "I'm hungry. Come on Jarrad, let's go get some food on the board walk."

Jarrad said okay and winked at me when he has walking away.

Sam groaned clearly irritated.

"What is your problem? You have been acting like this all morning." I asked Sam.

"Nothing."

"I'm serious."

"So am I!" Sam raised his voice when he said that.

I looked away holding back tears. Sam had never gotten mad at me. Let alone raise his voice to me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't meant to yell." he said moving closer to me.

"Will you just tell me what's wrong?" I said my voice was weak.

"It's just...Jarrad....he ugh. He's just using you for your body. He told me this morning that he thought that you were hot. And-"

That's when I cut him off "Jarrad is a nice guy. He would never use me! You're just mad because after you turned me down I found someone else that likes me back!" I said almost shouting. I could feel tears start to roll down my cheeks. Sam tried to hug me, but I pushed him off. I was then that I saw Kian and Jarrad walking back to us.

"I wanna go home!" I said running over to Kian and giving him a hug.

"I'll walk her back. I was just about to go and get my phone from your house." Jarrad said.

"Here you can take the car." Kian said taking a bite of some frozen yogurt.

"No." Jared said "We'll walk. I don't think I'm going to come back."

Kian said okay and joined Sam back on the beach while Jarrad and I started to walk home.