Chapter 11- The Date

As Sam and I walked into the mall, I felt like I was on Cloud 10. I know that normally people say Cloud 9, but this was better than Cloud 9 or any other cloud as far as I was concerned. He made me feel special, important, smart, and most importantly, beautiful.

Ever since the whole thing with Jarrad, I haven't felt beautiful. Things with Sam were different. I could tell that he wasn't even ashamed to be with me at all. We walked around holding hands, talking, laughing, and shopping all day. When Sam had bought me 3 outfits, I decided to call it quits for the day. I was exhausted.

We stopped at the Starbucks in the mall before we went back to the hotel. We sat there and drank our hot chocolate until a girl walked up. I had seen the face before, but I couldn't give her a name or think of where I knew her from.

But Sam knew. He knew exactly who it was. Then it hit me and I knew who it was too.

His ex. Acacia Clark

She looked at me gave me a devilish smile. "So Sam, how have you been?"

She turned her attention from me to him and sat down close to him. I zoned out on what she was saying. The way that Sam looked at her infuriated me. I knew that she was prettier than me by far. I knew that I could never compare to her beauty.

After about five minutes of her touching his arm and him laughing and staring at her I got up and left. Even worse, Sam didn't even notice that I left.

After I left Starbucks, I went to Hot Topic. I figured that seeing some Adventure Time stuff would make me feel better.

It didn't, so I called Kian.

"Hey Kian can you pick me up?"

"Uh...sure. Where are you?"

"I'm at the mall."

"So am I. What store?"

"Hot Topic."

"Okay. I'm in Hollister. Come meet me at the big spinny horsey thingy in the middle."

"Okay."

I picked up my bags and walked to the carousel. I soon spotted Kian, Jc, and Ricky.

"Hey where's Trevor and Ricardo?" I said walking up to Jc.

"They're doing another meet up." Jc said looking around. "where's Sam?"

I was about to answer when Kian interrupted.

"Hey let's go back to the hotel." He said that while picking me up and running to the door.

When we got outside Kian put me down and we walked to the car. What was that about? Kian has never acted like this before.

When we got in the car I started feeling really tired. Before I knew it, I was asleep.

I woke up a few hours later in my bed. I checked the time. Wow 8:00 already.

I got out of bed and I heard yelling in the living room. I sat back down on my bed and listened. It was Kian.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU WOULD DO THIS!!!!"

That's when I found out who he was yelling at. Sam. He must've saw him with Acacia. San yelled back.

"I KNOW! I'M SORRY!! IF I COULD TAKE IT BACK I WOULD!!!"

"I'M NOT GOING TO SIT THROUGH MY SISTER CRYING FOR TWO WEEKS BECAUSE YOU CHEATED ON HER"

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY I'M SORRY?!?!"

"DON'T APOLOGIZE TO ME! YOU DIDN'T CHEAT ON ME! AND YOU DIDN'T GET BACK WITH YOUR EX WHILE I WAS ON A DATE WITH YOU! I HATE SEEING HER LIKE THIS AND IT'S YOUR FAULT THAT SHE'S GOING TO CRY FOR WEEKS AGAIN!"

"Kian." I interrupted him. I couldn't take anymore. "I'm fine. I know that Sam was with Acacia. I'm fine. I was with them and he seemed to be having more fun with her than with me so I left. That's when I called you."

I wasn't fine, but I wasn't hurt either. I wasn't even mad at Sam. At all. Just, disappointed. Disappointed that he lied to me. But I wasn't hurt.

"Jessie I'm so sorry." Sam said walking over to me.

"It's fine. I'm not mad. It doesn't matter."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. But I'm going to go. I have to call someone."

Kian looked at me and picked me up. He took me into my room.

"Jessie I know that you're hurt. It's okay. You can tell me."

"I'm really fine." I said picking up my phone. "I'm going to call Jarrad."

"Why are you calling him?!" Kian said almost yelling.

"He makes me feel better."

Kian got mad and stormed out of the room. I picked up my phone and scrolled through my contacts. I stopped at Jarrad and called.

"Hey. Jessie?"

"Hey Jarrad"

"Look we need to talk."

"I know."

"I'm really sorry about what happened. Kian said that if I didn't break up with you then he was going to make my life a living hell. Jessie will you give me a second chance. Please?"

"Of course Jarrad."

"Thanks. When are you coming back home?"

"In a few days."

"Okay great. I'll see you then and I'll take you out on a date."

"Okay. What are we going to do?"

"That's a surprise. I have to go, but I'll text you. Yeah?"

"Okay. Bye Jarrad."

"Bye Babe."

I hung up the phone and walked into the living room with a smile on my face.

Kian looked at me and him and Sam went to their room. They started talking...and I knew that it was about me.