Chapter 37

Sarah's POV:
"Sarah Rebecca Carter, will you marry me?" Luke asks me opening the small box, revealing the gorgeous ring. I think my heart just stopped beating.

"Oh my god." I said to myself.
"Yes." I said excitedly. Luke stood back up and hugged me. "I love you so much. " I said in his ear.

"I love you more. " he said sliding the ring on my finger.

"That's highly unlikely. " I said kissing him.
~
I woke up. I got out of bed and walked downstairs.

"Mom, I just had the best dream ever. " I said getting my usual coffee cup out and pouring some coffee.

"And that would be?" She asked.

"Me and Luke got engaged. " I said smiling before taking a sip of my drink. She looked at me and laughed.

"What? Whats so funny?" I asked unhappily.

"Honey, looked down. " so I did.

"It's wasn't a dream was it?" I ask still smiling.

"Nope. I wish it was though, I didn't need to hear some of those things last night. " my mom said smirking and putting her coffee cup in the sink just as Luke walked in. I practically jumped out of my seat and into his arms.

"I love you. " I said.

"Good morning to you too." He said smiling.

"I'm sorry I'm just happy. " I said smiling.

"Me too. " he said just before he kissed me.

"Aw you guys are adorable. " my mom said smiling.

"Glad you approve mother. " I said walking over to her.

"How can she not? I'm irresistible." he said smiling.

"What he said. " I commented as she looked up and laughed at us.

"I can't believe you two are finally engaged. I mean I knew it was gonna happen but I didn't think it would be this cute." She says still smiling.

"We aren't puppies. " I said as Luke wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder.

"You aren't but you're just as cute as them. Anyway, I gotta go out so you'll have the house to yourselves." She says grabbing her keys and bag. "Be safe!" She says before she heads toward the door.

"Oh please, I don't wanna be 19 and pregnant. " I said as she waved goodbye and left.

"Hello Mr. Hemmings. " I said goofily.

"Hey there Mrs. Hemmings to be. " he says smiling.

"I could get used to that. " I sighed.

"Good 'cause it'll happen. " he says before he kissed me.

"Wait. Have you told your mom yet?" I asked him.

"Nope. We should probably do that now. She's always watchin me. " he says laughing.

"Yeah she'll kill you. " I said as he lead me out the door.

"Then let's go get this over with. " he said as we walked across the lawn. We reached his house and he unlocked the door.  I walked into the living room and sat down next to Luke's mom. Luke did the same on the other side of her. My hand was in my jacket pocket so she wouldn't be able to see the ring.

"Hey you two. " she said turning off the tv.

"What do you guys need?" She said getting off the couch and moving so she's in front of us. Luke scooted closer to me and began talking.