•1•

My name is Onika Maraj. My friends and family call me Nicki. I'm 26 years old and I pretty much have a reputation for being a goody two shoes. I am a church girl and I strongly believe in following God's will. I'm not one of those stuck up Christians that turn their nose up at people as soon as they do something wrong or bad. I'm pretty cool in my own words.

I'm also pretty smart. I went to school for my regular years up to high school. Then I went to college for four years to get my degree. Now, I'm going an extra three to law school to become a lawyer. I only have one year left in school before I graduate.

Then comes the social life. I've actually grown pretty popular around Philly in the last few years. I moved here from New York to go to school. I live in a townhouse with my best friends Candi and Thembi. I have a boyfriend of 7 years named Safaree. Him and I got together after high school and we have been unbreakable ever since. My mom stayed in New York with the rest of my family. Sometimes, I go and see her when I have a break off of school. Sometimes, I'll just FaceTime her. I don't have a dad. Well, I did. I'd rather not speak about that though.

I sometimes go out with my friends to clubs. God wants us to live, not just be alive. Its not like I force myself to have fun either. I have to say, my life is pretty good at this moment in time. I can't complain. I can pay bills, I'm going to school, and balancing my social life with it.

**********

My name is Robert Williams. I don't do government names, so people call me Meek, by my middle name. I'm 28 years old and I'm known for being the thug of Philly. I'm not gonna say I'm the best Christian, but I still believe in God.

I don't think that being smart has anything to do with your personality and what you chose to do in life. Its what you're good at that does. I'm street smart, so that's what I do. I'm not a terrible person, if that's what you assumed of me. I don't have sex with multiple women. I don't go out and get so drunk that I forget how to walk. I don't do none of that shit. I got a girl to lookout for. No, I'm not tied down, I'm talking about my sister, Nasheema. But, we call her Na for short.

I already kinda started on my social life. Like I said, I don't disrespect women and their bodies, first of all. Second, I got my main men with me. Tak, Omelly, and Pmon. Yeah, they some weird ass names, but these niggas hold me down. My mom lives in Philly too. I bought her a new house a few years ago and she's not happy with the way I live. She says that's how my father died, but I know the truth of how he died. My mom had went out one day and cane back. He tried to get out of the house because my mom came at him with some false bullshit. One thing led to another, my mom shot him dead when he tried to put his hands on her. Don't get me wrong, I still love my mom to death though.

I'm at an okay point in my life. Nothing is too good, but nothing is too bad. Its just enough to deal with for a thug out in Philly.