•29•

After Papi's Party; 1:30
Nicki's POV

     Meek put the rest of decorations in the trunk while I out Papi in his seat. I got finished and sat in the car. Meek got in too drove off. I started shaking my leg. "How far way is your mom's house?" I asked.

     "Eh, about 30 minutes from here." He said. I nodded. "You hungry?" He asked. "No, I'm fine." I said. "Nic, you haven't eaten all day, you sure?" He asked. "Yes, positive. I'm not hungry." I said. He sighed. "He sleep?" Meek asked. I looked back. "Yeah, knocked out." Meek laughed and I smiled a little. He looked over at my leg shaking and put his hand on it. I stopped. "What's wrong with you?"

     "Nothing." I said. "Onika." I sighed. "Its just nerves, I'm fine." I said. "Why you nervous for?" He asked. "Because, Meek. Meeting your fiancé's parents isn't exactly the most casual thing on earth." I said. "Yeah but what I tell you the other day?" He asked. "I know, I know. But still." I said. "Ain't no 'but still'. If they don't like you then that's their problem. You ain't going nowhere and I'm not playing." He said.

     "Okay." I simply said. He sighed and continued to drive down to his mom's house.

After what seemed like forever, we got there. I sighed. Meek got out and took Papi out of his seat. "Go around the back and find Auntie Na or Maya." Meek said. Papi ran towards the side of the fairly big house. He came and opened my door. I turned and faced him, still sitting in my seat, as he stood in between my legs. "I love you." He said. He leaned down to pecked my lips. I bit his lip to keep him there. His tongue slithered into my mouth.

I put my hands around his neck. He pulled away after a second and I still had my eyes closed. I huffed a smile. "I love you too." I said. He smiled and pulled me out of my seat. He closed my door and took my hand. I walked behind him and towards the side of the house. I smelled the smoke from the grill and the old school songs.

I smiled. I caught up to Meek and walked beside him instead of behind him. As we got to the back of the house, I caught stares from a few people. "Don't show your scared, Onika." Meek whispered in my ear.

He led me over to a door that led to the house. We walked in and went towards the smell of some food. We reached a kitchen and I saw a lady that looked like, and probably was, his mother. "Hey ma." Meek said. He let go of my hand and hugged her as she turned around. "Hey baby." She said. He moved out the way and I stepped up.

"Ma, this is Onika, Nicki for short. Nicki, this is my mother." He said. I reached my hand for her to shake it. She looked at it then back at me. "Girl.." She took my hand and pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back and stepped back. "So you're the one my grandson calls his mother?" She asked. I folded my lips in and nodded. "Girl, if you don't speak. I know you know how to speak." She said, half smiling.

     I laughed. "That would be me." I said. Meek laughed and sat down. "What happened to Fah?" Meek sighed. "Ma." He warned. She put her hands up in surrender and shook her head. "You go to church?" She asked. "Oh, definitely." I said. She side eyed Meek. "He could use some Jesus in his life." I laughed. "Ma, don't show off cause she here." Meek said.

     "Boy, don't forget I'm your mama!" she said, putting her hands on her hips. I covered my mouth with a smile to stop my self from laughing. "Anyway, I heard you and my son are married." She said. "Not exactly married, not for a while, but yes, he proposed." I said. "After a month? You must be special. Meek don't take none of his hoes around me."

"Ma." He warned again. I folded my lips in to stop from laughing. She rolled her eyes. "Let me see the ring." I held my hand out and she looked at it. "Hm, I taught you well, son." She said. He huffed. "You two live together too, right?" She asked. "Ma, how you know this stuff?" Meek asked before I could answer.