•27•

Friday, November 5
Nicki's POV

      I woke and Meek wasn't in the bed. I was about to go back to sleep, but I smelled food. I got up and put on some tights and a shirt and walked out of the room. But, I decided to see Papi first. I went down the hallway and to his room. I knocked on his door, then opened it.

     "Um, what are you doing in here with my son?" I asked. "Oh, no I was just seeing him from old times." She said. I scoffed. "Yeah, okay. Don't go around him when he is alone." I said. "Well, its not like he's your son. We both know that's Fah's son." She said. "Tamia, that child is mine. You haven't been around long enough to witness what happened, so don't speak." I said.

     "You can't tell me to shut up." She said, rolling her eyes. "Um, did you forget who's roof you were staying under?" I asked. She got quiet. "Yeah, that's what I thought. Get out of line again and you out." She said. She walked away and I went into Papi's room and saf on his bed. "Mom, I don't like her." He said. "Why not, what she do to you?" I asked. "She told me that you were mean and that I shouldn't like you." He said.

     I sighed. "Papi, I love you, okay?" I said. "I already know that. I love you too. I just don't like her." He said. I hugged him and he hugged me back. "My birthday is in a whole day though." He said.

     "I know! You'll be a whole 6 years old!" I said. "Daddy said that I can start school next year too since I'll be 6." He said.

Meek's POV

     I was downstairs cooking breakfast when somebody came downstairs. She came and hugged me from behind. "Morning." I said. "Good morning." I stopped, cause that definitely ain't sound like Nicki. I turned around and Tamia was laughing. "Shit ain't funny. If she woulda came down here and saw ya ass, you woulda been done." I said. She smacked her teeth.

     "Come on. That hoe can't hurt me." She said. "First off all, don't call her out of her name. Second of all, she may be Christian, but nigglet can hit hard as a mug." I said. "Meek, you and I both know I could beat her up." She said.

     "Beat who up?" I heard Nicki say, coming into the kitchen. "Tried to warn your ass." I said to Tamia. "Nobody." Tamia said. "Nah, cause from what I heard, you tryna come for me. Did I not just set you straight upstairs?" Nicki asked. "You got to go. Already been talking to Papi about me. You gotta leave." Nicki said.

     "And go where?" She asked, a tear falling down her face. "I'm not falling for that again, bye." Nicki said. I coughed to cover my laugh as Tamia walked upstairs to get her stuff.

     Nic walked over to me and I turned the stove off and turned around. "Meek, what was I thinking?" She asked. "Shit, I don't know. You the one that invited her and something told me she was gone be outta here by today." I said. She laughed. "I ain't think this was gone happen. I just thought she needed help." She said.

I pecked her lips. "Yeah, no more people in this house but you, me and Pap." I said. She put her arms around me. "What about close ones. Like family and friends." She asked. "Well, duh Nicki." She laughed.

     I heard her coming back downstairs. I walked into the hallway to make sure she was leaving. She slammed the door and I sighed. "Meek!" I heard Nicki yell.

     I walked back into the kitchen. "What?" She shrugged. "Nothing. I just wanted you back." She said. I smacked my teeth. "Go get Papi and come back downstairs to eat." I said. "Okay." She kissed me and went upstairs. I smiled and shook my head. Nigglet got me in love after a month.

     I made their plates and put them on the table as she came downstairs with Papi in front of her. I sat down and they sat down too. "Papi, say grace."