•3•

Na's POV
7:45 A.M.

     I woke up this morning ready to go to school. I usually hated school, but this school right here, would be the last 3 years of school. I got up and got dressed in my best attire. I figured that there would be many smart and proper people there with a high social class. Basically nothing like me, except the smart part.

I finished putting on my things and got ready to leave. Before I walked out the door, I stopped at my brother's room. "Meek, I'm gone." I said. He halfway woke up. "Aight, text me when you get out of class." He said. "Okay." I replied.

I got into my car and drove to the school. When I got there, I honestly did not know where to go. I saw people going in so many different directions.

Then, I saw a girl that looked a little bit older than me by a trashcan. She had a cup of coffee in her hand and I guess she was waiting for her class to start. I hurried up and walked over to her. "Excuse me. I'm new here. I really don't know where to go and I would appreciate it so much of you could help me." I said. "Yeah, I will. My name is Nicki, what's yours?" She asked me. "Its Nasheema. But, my everybody calls me Na for short." I said. She nodded her head back and threw her coffee in the trash.

"What class are you looking for?" She asked me. "Um.." I pulled out the piece of paper in my computer bag. "Mr. Bently." I said. "Oh, I'm in that class. Just follow me." She said.

**********
Nicki's POV

I walked with Na to Mr. Bently's class. "You must be really smart to be put in his class." I said to her. "I guess. I'm not really a bragger. I hate those people." She said. "I get you. I hate them too." I said. "So, you got any siblings?" She asked me. "Yeah, two. But, they live with my mom in New York." I replied. "I've always wanted to go to New York." She said. I laughed. "Not the part I used to live in, honey." I said.

"What part did you live in?" She asked. "Queens." I said. "Oh, you don't seem like you're from New York." She said. "I'm not. I'm from Trinidad. But, I grew up in New York." I said. "Oh, I knew I kinda heard an accent." She said. I rolled my tongue and we laughed as we walked into the classroom. "Save a seat for me. I'm gonna go talk to Bently." She said. "Okay." I said. I went to go find a seat for us.

A few minutes later, when everyone was here, Bently asked if anyone would help Na catch up on the work that she missed from September to October. Nobody raised their hand and as the only person that really talked to her, I felt like I could do it. I raised my hand and Bently smiled at me. "Thank you, Ms. Maraj." He said.

Na came back up and sat next to me. "So, when can we meet?" She asked. "I'm free tonight." I said. "Oh, okay. Me too. My house or yours?" She asked. "Yours. We'd never get anything done in my house because of my roommates." I said rolling my eyes. She laughed. "How about 3?" She asked. "Yeah, sure. Just to warn you, my brother is very friendly." She said. I shrugged. "Its cool." I said.

**********
Meek's POV
2:30 P.M.

"Brother! I'm home!" My sister yelled through the house. She stood at the door of my room. "You texted me an hour ago saying that you had gotten out of class. What took you solong to get home?" I asked. "I grabbed lunch with a friend." She said. "Oh. Okay. What's your friend's name." I asked. "Her name is Nicki and she's coming over at 3 so don't bother me!" She said. "Alright! Damn." I said.

The doorbell rang. "That's her now. Good bye." She said. I smacked my teeth and went back into my room to finish a sandwich that I had made. "Hey, Nicki!" I heard. I laughed at her. I closed my door so that I could watch TV in peace.