•44•

1 week later
Tuesday, December 20
Nicki's POV
2:00 p.m.

     "Baby, where are we going for Christmas?" I asked. He shrugged and sat down on the couch with me. "We can drive down to New York and stay with your parents. After about 3:00 we can come back down to Philly and have dinner with my family. "Can we do it the other way around?" I asked. "I don't care." He said. I nodded. "I'ma let you know now. You getting one present. Whatever we do in Paris is your Christmas, aight." I nodded.

I got up and grabbed my keys. "Where you going?" He asked. "To get your gift." I said. "You ain't got to get me nothing." I shook my head. "Don't argue with me, I'm getting you something." He shrugged. "Aight, fine with me." He said. I rolled my eyes walking out of the door. Getting in my car, I drove down to the mall.
**********
Saturday, December 24

     In the car with Meek, we drove down to his mom's house as I got a call from my mother. I sighed and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Nicki. Are you coming down here for Christmas? Or you gone be stuck in Philly with your husband?"

Rolling my eyes, I answered.

"Ma, don't do that. I'm coming for Christmas dinner." I said.

"Oh, okay. Tell Meek I said hey."

I turned to him. "Meek, my mother said hello." He looked at me. "Tell her I said hey." He said. "Tell her I said hi too!" Papi said from the back. Putting the phone back up to my ear, I told her.

"You know, I really like that boy."

"Don't steal my fiancé, mom." She chuckled.

"Alright, I'll talk to you later. Bye."

"Bye."

Hanging up, I looked over at Meek. "How much longer?" He shrugged. "Like, 10 minutes." I nodded. "Did your mom ever get rid of.. You know."

"Yeah, he ain't there. That nigga hurt you or my family and he gone." He said. I kissed his cheek. "I love you." I said.
**********
Sunday, December 25
8:00 a.m.

     "Ma, wake up! Come on!" Someone shook me. I sighed. "Papi, go back to sleep until 9 or something." I said, turning over. He huffed. "Please? Come on!" I groaned. "Fine! Wake up your dad and I'll be up." I said. He smiled, running over to Meek's side of the guest bed we were sleeping in.

     Sitting on the edge of the bed, I yawned and got up. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Meek came in soon after. "I just want to go back to sleep." He said, wrapping his arms around my waist. I laughed. "Ain't Na and Maya and all them supposed be here at 9?" He shook his head. "My mama told them 10 cause she knew they was gone be late." I nodded my head back.

     Before I could brush my teeth, he turned me around and leaned in. I stopped his face with my hand. "Not until you brush your teeth." I said. He laughed as I turned back around.

     He put his hand in my shorts. "Stop." He chuckled and I felt junior rise up in his boxers. I shook my head. "Always doing something." I said.

     He shrugged. "Well, when you got an ass like that and a face like that..." He said. I blushed. "Rihmeek, stop. I'm more than an ass and a face." I said. "I know, and I love that. But still, that ass and face ain't there for no reason." I laughed. "Move so I can brush my teeth." He said. Putting my toothbrush away, I sat on the sink and he started brushing his teeth.