•42•

Continue from last chapter
Nicki's POV

After taking a ride around in my Aventador, I went back and parked it in the garage. Getting Papi out myself, I smiled as I opened his door. "Hey baby! I missed you." I said, hugging him. He wrapped his arms around my neck. "You were gone for a long time." He said. I nodded. "I was with daddy. He did a lot of special things for my birthday."

"Oh, grandma helped me get you a birthday present." He said as I walked into the house. "Oh really?" I asked. He nodded. "I put it in my room." He said. Meek went towards the kitchen and I went upstairs to Papi's room.

"Wait, you have to close your eyes." He said. I put him down and put my hands over my eyes. I heard his footsteps go away for a second, then they came back. "Okay, open them." I opened my eyes to a diamond bracelet. I smiled. "Its so pretty!" I said. He smiled. "Grandma said you'd like it. But I was going to get you a batman hat." He said, shrugging. "I would've loved that too." I said, picking him up.

    I walked downstairs and Meek was eating while watching tv. "You hungry Pap?" I asked. He nodded. "What you want?" I asked. "Ice cream." I shook my head. "Food, little boy." I said. "Pizza." I sat beside Meek.

     "Okay, what kind?" I asked. "Sausage." I nodded and looked at Meek. "You want anything?" He shook his head. "I got a drop soon." He said. "Okay, you leaving now?" I asked. "Yeah." He said, getting up. He kissed my lips and high-fived Papi. "Pick up pizza please?" I asked. "Of course." He said.

"Love you!" I said as he walked down the hall and to the door. "Love you too!" I heard the door closed and I sighed. "What do you want to do little boy?" I asked. "I'm a big boy now. I'm 6, remember?" I nodded. "My bad." He laughed. "Come play with me." He said, jumping off of my lap and running off. I sighed.

"Soon as ya daddy get back home I'm taking a nap!" I said.

**********
3:30 p.m.

Hearing the door open, I got up off of the floor and walked out of Papi's room. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. Scratching my hair that was in a bun, I rested my other hand on the counter. "Meek, go play with your child. I'm tired." I said. "I love how he's all of a sudden my child when you want to rest." He said.

"He's always been your child." I said as he walked over to me. "Last time I checked, when you ain't know who was watching him you was like: Who watching my child?" He said, emphasizing the 'my'. I closed my eyes. "Meek, that was one time." I said. "Don't act like you don't treat him like you gave birth to him." He said.

I sighed. "I just want to sleep. That's all." I said. He shook his head. "Nah, ain't no sleep." He said, turning around and somehow putting me on his back. "Meek, don't." I said. "Don't what?" He asked as he started running. "Meek, stop!" I yelled, laughing. "Stop what? Be specific." He said. "They don't want us to sleep." I said, putting my face in his neck, giggling.

"Damn right, they don't." He said. I giggled. Running upstairs, Papi came out of his room. "Meek, put me down!" I yelled. "You still tired?" He asked. "No." I said. He shook his head. "You lying." Papi stepped on Meek's foot. "Put her down!" He said. I smacked Meek's head. "Yeah, put me down." I said. "Make me." He said.

Papi started punching his stomach and I hit his head. "Aight! Shit!" He said, putting me down.

I stuck my tongue out. "Guess who put me down?" I said. "Guess who not sleepy no more?" I smacked my teeth. "Papi, daddy said he's gonna play with you and feed you until mommy stops relaxing." I said. He looked at me. "And I'm fine with that. You act like that's the worst punishment in the world." I scoffed. "Bet, you'll be tired after 20 minutes." He shook his head. "Aight, bet you on that necklace." He said. "I'd rather the ring." He laughed.