Death of a God

Johnny sat on the counter, his eyes glued to the scene that was unfolding just outside the window. His father was screaming about something, god knows what this time, and his mother stood there, taking it all in. Johnny hated that his dad was so much of an asshole. He hated that he always made his mother and sister cry. Johnny hated that man and everything he stood for in that moment. That was around the moment he watched him raise his hand, Johnny had never in all his life thought his dad would do what he had just done, at least not to his mother anyway. Johnny was use to getting hit.

Johnny quickly got up and then he quickly ran outside and pulled his mom back and away from his father.

"Johnny no!" She cried out, but it was too late.

Johnny had shoved his father away, and his father instantly punched him in the face and shoved him to the ground. Johnny fought back, but received multiple kicks to the side and chest. His father didn't stop until he was certain Johnny was near death. He hisses and spit on his son before he annoyingly stormed off and took Johnny's car. Johnny's mother cried in horror as she kneeled beside her son.

"Mom, I'm fine. We have to get out of here, right now. Go pack your bags. I'm fine." Johnny whispers out.

His mother hesitates before she gets up and walks into the house, she quickly starts packing her things, gasping when she watched Johnny pull himself up and limp into the house. It didn't take long for them to all collect their personal belongings, and though his father took his car, they still had his truck. Johnny quickly helped his mother and sister into the car, after they were all packed he instantly pulled out of the driveway and headed south.

Johnny drove for hours before he finally stopped at a hotel. He dropped his mother and sister off to get a room and then he took the truck and started driving downtown. He wanted to hide the truck, just in case his father was smart enough to track it. Johnny paused and glanced over at a bright neon bar sign, he pulled over.

Johnny had no problem with bars, he remembers having gone out getting smashed and then smashing since he was about 15. His mother never knew and he wanted to keep it that way.

Johnny walked inside, he took a seat at the bar and ordered himself a few shots. A sigh escaped his lips as he looked over at the few others in the bar with him. That's when he noticed the fiery red head walking his way. He composed himself and downed a shot.

"You look rough? Bad night?" The woman spoke in a soft tone.

"Yes, pretty sure I'm bleeding out from the inside, but I don't have the heart to tell my mom. So I'll drink. Till I die." Johnny mumbles and looks at the empty shot glass.

"Oh? Is that so? Well if you want to go out with a bang... You should go out with a bang?" The woman smirks and takes one of his shots.

"What do you mean by that?" Johnny raised a brow, trying to imply he had no idea what she was talking about, but this wasn't his first hookup.

"Meet me out back in five." The woman grinned and then stood up and walked away, Johnny couldn't help but fix his eyes onto her figure as she walked away.

Johnny then shook his head quickly and pulled his phone from his pocket, he dialed his mom's cellphone number and sighed with relief as she answer.

"Hey mom? I'll be home soon. I was just ditching the truck and then I'll be on my way." Johnny sighs.

"Alright... You know I've always hated that damn blue pickup truck of his. I won't miss it." She scoffs.

Johnny laughs, "What's wrong with blue?"

"It's a color that makes me sad."

"Alright mom, well we'll talk about this later. I love you."

"I love you too."