Lithium

Matty felt the largest twinge of pain in his body, something he had never felt in ages. He looked around and suddenly the world around him was becoming blurry and he was crumbling to his knees. Quickly he moved down a dark alleyway and allowed himself to collapse against the wall. He exhaled sharply and shut his eyes, he tried to get up, but the pain had forced him to the ground. Matty then tried to get to Ava, but her voice was gone, she was gone. Something had broken the spell he had put her under. This had never happened before, Matty had taken control of Charlie and Dylan many times before and when the connection was broken this had never happened. This pain was new to him and for once.. that scared Matty.

Jorel looks up at Ava, he slowly moves to stand. He walks over toward her and carefully takes her hand in his, “Did you mean that?”

“I did. I do… I’m sorry. For all of this. I was trying to tell you… But I couldn’t.” Ava whimpers softly and shakes her head as she looks at Jorel.

“I didn’t mean what I said… I didn’t mean to make you so upset.” Jorel shakes his head.

Ava quickly wraps her arms around his torso and rests her head against his chest, “I didn’t mean what I said either. I’m sorry I brought up Vanessa. I’m sorry I said what I did.”

“It’s alright. Vanessa is in a better place anyway. I wouldn’t want this life for her. I wouldn’t wish this life on anyone.” Jorel shakes his head.

“Are you saying.. Johnny didn’t save us?”

“No. Not at all. He did what he had to do. I think Johnny was trying to save himself though, in the long run. He surrounded himself with broken people. Though sometimes those broken people… They get out of hand. We’re not easy on him. I heard about his fight earlier.. but I caused it. I know how Danny is sometimes and I should’ve shut my mouth.”

“Don’t blame yourself.”

“Johnny is gone. There’s no one in charge.”

“Why don’t you lead then? Till we find him?”

“I’m not cut out for that job. I’m not a leader… I mean I never really was. The only time I feel like I have control on a situation is when Johnny is there to reassure me. I mean I was some dying guy in a hospital and he took me in. He made me family. I think he’s still trying to make up for the loss of his own.”

“Come on… Let’s go get you cleaned up.” Ava bites her lip and then leads Jorel to the bathroom, the thought slipping into her mind that maybe Johnny wasn’t as mean as she had convinced herself to believe.

Faith had been outside the door and listened to most of Ava and Jorel’s conversation, but once they made up she found herself quickly exiting the house. Faith felt tears roll down her face as she placed a hand on the cheek that Johnny had slapped her. She knew he wasn’t bad and she knew she had hurt him, but she couldn’t let him spend the night by himself. She was going to find him, no matter where he was.

She decided against taking a car, knowing that doing so would cause noise and she would be caught trying to get away, but she had no idea she was going to be caught anyway.

“Hey short round, Where are you going?” Dylan laughs as he exits the house.

Faith wrapped her arms around her body before she looked back at him and replied in a very calm and collected tone, “I’m going to find Johnny.”

“You can’t go out alone. Johnny made it a house rule that no one is allowed to leave alone.” Dylan frowns as he starts walking toward the brunette.

“Well Johnny isn’t here so… and Matty left about an hour ago alone.” Faith shrugs a shoulder.

“Yea, Well Matty never listened anyway. I’m coming with you.” Dylan nods and pulls out his car keys.