Red Rum Eyes

Jorel was empty, he tried over half a dozen times to leave this awful god forsaken life, but nothing ever truly worked for him. His girlfriend, Vanessa, had even tried her hardest to get him to stop the constant attempts but it never worked. Jorel wasn't happy and he knew Vanessa wasn't either. He could tell by the way she looked at his torn skin and the needle holes in his arms that she wasn't happy, but Jorel was desperately trying to escape. Life had no meaning to him, and he was pretty positive it never would.

Jorel rubbed his face, slowly but surely, he loved Vanessa and would do anything in his power to make her happy, but he always felt as if she was elsewhere, in her own little world.

"Nessa?" Jorel spoke softly.

"Huh? Oh. What is it Jojo?" Nessa tilts her head and looks over him, her eyes instantly glued to his torn up arms.

"Stop that." Jorel instantly snaps.

"What?" Nessa lifts her head and looks over him.

"You never fucking look at me.. Just my fucking scars." Jorel chokes out.

"I'm sorry... I'm just... It's so hard to love you when you don't even love yourself." Nessa whispers.

Jorel's heart shatters, he hated himself, and his life, but he loved Vanessa, and here she was, saying exactly what he never wanted to hear.

"Let's go home. Come on. Get in the car." Jorel whispers softly, he stands and gets into the car. He didn't bother to put on a seatbelt and neither did Vanessa. He started the car and begun speeding down the road.

"Jorel Decker. Slow down." Vanessa shot him a look, he ignored her.

"You don't love me?" Jorel whispers softly.

"It's really hard to." Vanessa admits softly.

"That's awesome." Jorel scoffs.

"I'm sorry." Vanessa sighs quietly.

"No. Fuck you." Jorel snaps and pushes harder on the gas pedal.

"Jorel. Slow down. I'm sorry okay. I'm not good enough. I can't fix you." Vanessa mumbles.

"Good enough? You're fucking perfect. Sorry I hate myself. Sorry I can't be happy all the time. Sorry I'm a sack of shit. I fucking tried for you Vanessa.I fucking tried. So fuck off." Jorel snaps.

As soon as the words leave his mouth he instantly goes for the break as they smash into the other vehicle, Jorel doesn't even know what's happening till he hears Vanessa's piercing scream.

Jorel hears sirens and yells and then he's pulled from the car, they soon find Vanessa who was launched out of the windshield and thrown out across the road. She was no doubt, dead. Jorel screamed and fought again the paramedics, but they instantly sedated the injured man and drove him off to the hospital.

Jorel wakes up with an iv in his arm and his body wrapped with things here and there. He looks around the room and whimpers as he yells out for Vanessa, but nothing happens.

"She's gone." The doctor repeats for the fifth time that afternoon, "And we have bad news. You're dying too."

"I'm dying?" Jorel muttered out when the doctor left.

Jorel wanted to die his whole life and now that he was, he was terrified. All he remember seeing was Vanessa's mangled body and blood... Blood everywhere. Though Jorel was deep in thought he instantly noticed the man at the foot of his bed.

"I told you to leave, anymore bad news, Dr.?" Jorel sighs quietly.

"I'm not a Dr. I actually wanted to be a male stripper." Johnny joked.

"Who are you?" Jorel mutters.

"Geo... Johnny 3 Tears." Johnny nods out slowly.

"That's a weird name." Jorel mutters.

"What's your name?" Johnny replied.

"Jorel. Jorel Decker, but my family calls me JDog, or sometimes Jojo, as nicknames." Jorel shrugs slightly.

"Well Jorel.. You're in luck."

"What? How?"

"I'm going to help you."

"I don't need help."

"I know you don't want to die, Jorel."

"You can't stop internal bleeding."

"Actually... If you give me the chance. All you have to do is close your eyes."

Jorel hesitates and then slowly closes his eyes and nods, he feels Johnny move beside him and then he squirms when he feels Johnny's breath on his neck.

"Giving me a hickey won't stop internal bleeding." Jorel scoffs.

Johnny smirks, "No homo." He mumbles before he sinks his fangs into Jorel's neck. A whimper leaves the other male and quickly Johnny pulls away.

Jorel throws his head back as his body twitches, he opens his mouth to scream but nothing escapes his lips because Johnny had already placed his hand over his mouth.

Johnny pulls his hand away and looks at the newborn vampire in front of himself.

"So?" Johnny mutters.

"I feel... Okay." Jorel whispers.

"We have to get out of here. You're going to be starving... You're going to have to learn to control your needs." Johnny nods as he helps Jorel out of the bed.

"How hard can it be?" Jorel shrugs.

"You let me know how easy it is after you kill your family." Johnny scoffs and grabs his arm.

"I already killed my girlfriend... And I wasn't even dead yet."

"Oh."

"Yes... Oh well... I just can't wait till this nightmare is over and I wake up."

"You're not dreaming."

"Vampires aren't real."

"Vampires are real."

As soon as the sentence left his mouth, Jorel instantly fell to the ground.

"Did I fuck something up?..." Johnny looks at him with wide eyes and watches Jorel's foot move. "Shit. He fainted."