A little less cold

His name was Deuce. Deuce 9 Lives, and he was the most infamous vampire hunter in downtown LA. He was probably one of the only people in the world who believed that Vampires were real, and that was because his family had been killed by one. Though no one ever believed him and often times he was brushed off, until he killed a family of five. Both mothers and their three kids. He had sworn they were vampire, but the police didn't want to hear otherwise and so he was arrested. He spent a good portion of his time in prison until a buddy of his had found a way to pin the death onto someone else. Deuce was released from prison, but now anyone who recognized him dubbed him as both a homophobe and a killer. However it never affected him, he always seemed to thrive off the negativity and now with the sudden rise of deaths in town, Deuce had done nothing but instantly suspect it to be Vampires. Newborns most likely, because older vampires would know how to cover their tracks. Deuce had hoped maybe they were newbies freshly turned by the male that had killed his family. That tall, dirty blonde, blue eyed, crazed man. Deuce knew his life had been saved that night, but only because of a much darker secret that he intended to keep to himself and only himself.

Ava glanced over at the doorway as she heard Matty enter the room, she rolled her eyes and looked over at Jorel.

"Where is he?" Matty growled.

"Who?" Ava looks at him.

"Charlie." Matty narrowed his eyes at her.

"Why should I tell you? I know you're going to hurt him. So why would I tell you?" Ava shrugs a shoulder.

Matty hisses, he pulls his phone from his pocket and grins at the message from Danny before he looks back at Ava and shakes his head, "Fine."

Ava rolls her eyes and again and scoffs as Matty leaves the room.

"What do you think he's going to do to Charlie?" Jorel asks softly.

"Nothing. He isn't touching Charlie. Not now. Not ever. Charlie doesn't deserve that. He helped me. He is helping me... and I know what they would do. Danny and Matty aren't killers of their own kind. They would rather watch us all suffer..."

"That makes sense... They're good at that."

"Yea, well now it's our turn. Come on. Faith and Dylan are waiting out back. As long as those two are gone, we have time to plan."

"Alright." Jorel replies quietly, he takes Ava's hand and then she leads him outside.

Matty smirks as he walks out the front door, a wide and excited grin on his face as he walks over to his car and gets inside, he looks over at Danny in the driver's seat and then Charlie in the back seat who is unconscious and tied up.

"How'd you manage this?" Matty smirks.

"He was hiding in Jorel's room... He came out to turn the thermostat up. I saw my chance and took it." Danny chuckles and then quickly pulls out of the driveway.

"So what is the plan exactly?" Matty raises a brow as he looks at Danny.

"You know that butcher shop down the road? The one with the walk in freezer?"

"Danny you evil bastard. I love you."

"I know you do."

"Don't ruin it, you ass."

"Aw, What's wrong, is Busek denying his love for me?"

"I don't love you that way. I don't love anyone that way. Never had and I never will. I'm immune to that filthy thing you call love."

"Damn, That's cold."

"No one said I wasn't."

Danny shakes his head and speeds the car up a bit, grinning as he pulled into the parking lot of the butcher shop.