Chapter 1. Premise

This chapter is really just an introduction and I apologize if it's long. The point of this is to give an idea of how a sith family is supposed to act and behave. This is my first fanfic on wattpad so I apologize for any mistakes, I am still trying to get used to the platform. Please point out any mistakes you see in grammar or spelling. I apologize in advance. Thanks!

You had always assumed you would eventually be married off. It happened to your sister only two short years ago, and you hadn't seen her since. Despite the issues you had with having to marry a stranger, you could at least find solace in knowing it would be to someone of high status. The (Y/L/N) family was a high and prestigious bloodline. Your great grandfather had been a Sith Lord in the empire, and your uncle currently worked for the First Order. It was your uncle who gave you the news.

"(Y/N) I have something of importance to tell you," He announced at dinner. Your mother kept her head down and stared at her food. "You are of age, and I have made an arrangement for you to be engaged to a first order leader. I would like you to pack your things and tommrow I will take you to the base."

"Yes, uncle." You gazed up at him and noticed dark circles under his eyes and worry lines. "May I ask who is the man I am to wed?" You asked politely, choosing your tone to not convey any emotion. Your uncle was a good man but he expected nothing less than obedience.

"He is a Knight of Ren, and very important to Snoke." He layed a hand over your mother's and spoke now to both of you. "In exchange for you, I have been given permission to move your mother to a new first order controled planet, one with fewer outbreaks of rebellion."
At least there was a reason, and you could remember that your mother would be safer.

*After Dinner*

You paced in your room and double checked your bag. You made sure everything you packed was acceptable for an engaged woman to bring. You thought back to your late years of schooling where all girls had been taught that when you joined your future husband, you must leave your belongings behind as a symbol of your new life. In your small bag you had two changes of robes and nothing more. Looking down at the small amount of stuff, you sighed. This was all that would remain of your previous life.

"(Y/N)," You turned to see your brother standing at your door, "I want to tell you something before you leave tommrow." He walked to you and grabbed your hands in his. He looked into your eyes. "You act like a first order girl around your elders, prim and proper, never speaking out of turn," He cocked his head and continued, "but I want you to realize that when you get to your new life you can stop that."

"Wha- What do you mean?" You looked to the ground.

"I mean, become a person, (Y/N). Develop a personality in your next life. Don't live like our mother who constantly stayed like a slave to father and now to uncle." He made a look of disgust toward the other room. "I don't know who this man is you're marrying, but don't be his slave. I hope the best for you, sister." He let go of your hands and left your room without another glance. You sat on your cot and rested your head in your hands.

I will not be this man's slave.