Chapter 20. Mistakes

Woo Chapter 20! This is awesome! I'm so happy! I hope you guys enjoy.

"I'm going on a two month long mission." Kylo announced to you and Leo. Your jaw dropped. He had been gone on long trips before but never more than a month.

"What?" You said and your fork hit the plate. He sighed and pushed his food away.

"Its important. We may have found an important ship of the Empire that contains something of value." You frowned.

"Why is it going to take that long?" You asked. He sighed.

"Its a long ways away, and the ship is on a planet with an unstable core, we can't land a large ship on it and it will be a delicate process to get what we need." You shook your head in disappointment.

"Alright." You felt very sad at this, more than you should've. Tears welled in your eyes.

Why am I reacting like this?

You quickly dried your eyes and finished the meal. Leo was also glum from this news. Him and Kylo had been practicing alone very often and it had completely changed Kylo. He spoke of Leo with a soft voice and Leo looked up to Kylo.

You stayed up a bit with Leo to read him a book, then you layed down in your own bed. Kylo wrapped his arm around you and pulled you close.

"I'm sorry that I have to leave." He whispered. You nodded and gave him a small kiss.

"Its your job, I understand. I will miss you, though." You smiled.

"I have to leave in two days." He said sadly and you flinched. Two days was so soon. You'd be taking care of Leo all alone. Your training would continue with Phasma but you wouldn't join Kylo for a while.

"Well, I will spend those two days with you." You said, but then smacked your forehead. "Oh shoot!" Kylo cocked his head at your sudden outburst. "I promised Phasma I'd have lunch with her in her quarters! I will cancel though, I should stay with you." He shook his head at this.

"No, no, go. Have lunch with her. I am glad you have a friend." He smiled and you rested your head under his. His mission worried you, he had never been away from you that long. Your worries ceased as sleep took over.

*Morning*

You got up and ate breakfast with Leo like most mornings. It was rare that Kylo was around when you both woke up, as he had to get to work very early. You changed and got ready to go to Phasma's. You were not worried about Leo, the quarters were very childproof and he knew what was expected of him.

"I'll read and stay in my room." He answered proudly when you asked what he was going to do while you were gone.

"Good job." You ruffled his hair and set off for Phasma's. She had nice quarters, almost as nice as your own. She kept them mostly white, a huge contrast from the blacks and greys at your place. She beckoned for you to sit at the table and you both began to play a simple board game and talk.

"Did you know Kylo was going to be gone for two months?" You asked her. She shook her head.

"I wasn't aware his mission would take that long. That is going to be rough." She gave you a sympathetic smile. You decided to change the subject from your husbands departure.

"So, how's your work going?" She stiffened a bit.

"Its...going." She said. You gave her a questioning look.

"Troubles?" You asked. She gave you a frown.

"I'm worried about my stormtroopers. Last year we had an...incident. One of them left the First Order. I am worried more might follow him." She moved a few pieces on the game board and you did too.

"Do you have any reason to suspect they might betray you?" You asked.

"No, but I didn't suspect that FN-2187 would become a traitor. So." She shrugged.

"Hmm." You trailed off, deep in thought.

"What?" She asked, moving another piece.

"How did you join the first order Phasma?" You asked gently. You hadn't asked much of her life before the First Order and you were very curious. Her eyes widened and she looked down at the table.

"I enlisted. My parents didn't have any sons, just three daughters. The First Order controls-." She stopped. "Controlled my home planet. Families with children who enlisted were given rations, and my family needed it." You stared at her a bit. Her usual calm demeanor was pained and her lips formed a tight line.

"What happened to them? Your family?" You asked hesitantly. She opened her mouth to answer but no sound came out. She closed her mouth and looked you in the eye. She shook her head and you understood what she meant. Your heart pained for her. You had never been too close with your family, but at least you knew they were alive. You reached out your arm to give Phasma a pat on the shoulder. Her hand met yours and you stayed still for a while. Confused of what was happening.

I'm just comforting her right? That's what friends do...

Phasma looked at you and you stared into each other's eyes. Her hand was still on yours. Before you knew it she was leaning in. Confusion hit you as she came closer and closer. Her lips hit yours. They were soft, softer than Kylo's, and for half a second you considered kissing back. But then the image of Kylo's face slammed into you. You jolted away from Phasma and jumped to your feet. She stared at you wide eyed and afraid.

"(Y/N) I'm so sorry!" She reached out to you and you flinched away. Within seconds you had ran out of her quarters and down the hall as fast as possible.

You opened your quarter doors and jumped inside. Your heart was beating a mile a minute.

"Leo?" You croaked and he appeared from his room.

"(Y/N), is everything okay?" He asked with concern. You breathed out, and walked over to him giving him a hug.

"Yes, everything is fine. Has Kylo come home yet?" You asked fearfully.

"No, you are here first." He cocked his head with interest. Leo was a smart kid and he knew when something was wrong. You gathered your thoughts and quietly made some dinner. The sound you had been dreading came soon enough: the sliding of the main door. Kylo was home. He entered behind you and you felt his arms reach around your back to wrap around you.

"How was your day?" He asked in a cheerful voice. You cringed.

"Great." The word came out hoarse and you knew you had been revealed. You turned around and Kylo was giving you a confused expression. "Why don't we go to a room to talk? One not attached to the quarters. I have to talk to you about something that Leo cannot hear." Kylo narrowed his eyes.

"Leo, we are going out. We will be back shortly." He yelled. You walked with Kylo to an empty room a few halls down. "What is it?" He asked insistently. You bit your lip.

"Something happened today... While I was at Phasma's. I need you to promise that you won't be angry with her and then you won't do anything regretful." Kylo's expression alternated between confusion and fear.

"Okay, go on." You twisted your hands.

"Phasma...kissed me." You admitted. His face was blank and unreadable. He turned from you so you couldn't see him.

"And did you kiss back?" He asked quietly.

"No! No, I ran away." Kylo's shoulders were slumped.

"Do you have feelings for her?" He whispered.

"God no!" You grabbed Kylo in a hug and held him. "I swear I dont. I pulled away immediately!" He stayed hunched away from you.

"Okay." He said. He jerked out of your arms and stormed off. You put your face in your hands.

Shit.