Chapter 13. The Truth

A bit of a short chapter this go round. I'm really happy with how this story is developing and I'm really glad you all love it as much as I do. Thank you so much guys! Enjoy

Bringing Kylo back home was so relieving. Hux had been true to his word and the quarters were back to their previous state. You showed Kylo all the paintings you had worked on and discussed the books you had read. He snuggled next to you on the bed and you caressed his cheek.

"Kylo, I have to ask you something." You cringed inside thinking about the conversation you were about to have.

"Yes, love?" He replied, his eyes close and his hands absentmindedly drawing circles on your arm.

"You don't talk much about your family." You said

"That is a correct statement. " He answered, his voice going up half an octave.

"Is that because..." You paused wondering if you should go through with this. "Do you not want a family?" Kylo's eyes shot open and he looked surprised.

"You are my family." He said with a suspicious glance.

"Yes but, do you ever...want to be a father?" Kylo sat up with a shocked look on his face.

"Wait are you...are you..?" He questioned with fear in his eyes.

"No! No, no. I just wanted to know if that was something that would interest you." You said quickly

"Oh." He got back into his comfortable state. "I love you, (Y/N), but I wouldn't be a good father. I don't think I could do that." You frowned.

"Okay." You complied. You pushed your head into Kylo's neck and twirled his hair in your fingers. You both fell asleep intertwined.

*In the dead of night*

You woke up to a light whimpering. You realized you and Kylo were no longer snuggled up. Turning your head you saw him, lying in the fetal position. Tears streaked down his still closed eyes and his hands were in fists through his hair.

"No!" He yelled and the whimpering continued.

"Kylo? Kylo, baby, I'm right here," You pulled him to you and stroked his head. "Hun, wake up please." His eyes shot open, filled with fear and tears.

"(Y/N)!" He cried out and hugged himself around you.

"Baby what's wrong? What is it?" You pushed the hair out of his face and gave him a kiss.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." He cried and choked out. "(Y/N), I love you so much" He held you close to him.

"Kylo, please talk to me, you're scaring me!" You wiped the tears from his eyes. It fell silent in the room as Kylo regained himself. He looked at the wall and spoke.

"I did something. Something that needed to be done, but I'm finally admitting to myself that I regret it." He spoke quietly. You nodded and let him continue. "You asked if I wanted children, and you don't understand how much I want that. I really really do. But how can I be a father when I- I..." He choked and you caressed his head again. "I killed my own father." When he spoke the words it took everything in your power not to gasp. You had no words.

"Why?" Was all you could say.

"He was a tie from me to the light side. I had to."

"Were you close?"

"No. It was the first time I had seen him in years," a single tear ran down his cheek.

"Kylo, you did what you had to do." You kissed his forehead, "and if it means anything, I think you would be an amazing father." Kylo sat up and gave you a long kiss.

"I'm glad I can be myself with you." He said hesitantly. "You now know more about me than anyone."

"I'm your wife. I love you. We have literally been through death and back. Nothing you could tell me about your past could change how I feel." You curled next to him and wrapped your arms around his bare torso.

"How did I get so lucky with you?" He smiled and got comfortable in bed. His eyes were still puffy and his cheeks still red. He was still every bit as beautiful.

Damn this kinda broke my heart a bit. Like shit I wasn't going for sad but it went there.