Chapter 24. Diagnosis

You woke up to the white lights of the med bay. They hurt your tired eyes and you almost wanted to turn them off with the force. You felt stiff and tired and you felt the an IV in your arm and you had the urge to pull it out. Looking around you realized you were in a room similar to what Kylo was in. Sitting asleep next to you was Phasma, holding Leo. You sat up slightly in bed and a med droid entered in.

"Oh, good day Miss (Y/N)! Its great you are awake!" You fidgeted in your seat.

"Its Mrs..." You said. The droid went over and looked at your chart.

"Oh, yes that is true! Anyway, you should be good to leave today Mrs (Y/N). We gave you a steady line of nutrients and a good nights sleep. But in my professional opinion you should be more careful to eat right in your condition." Your eyebrows raised in confusion.

"I had breakfast..." You said. The droid scooted over to your bedside.

"Yes you did, however, It seems you had not been eating what is needed in your condition AND from your symptoms I'd say that you hadn't slept the night before." You blushed.

I didn't sleep the night before...

"Wait. You said, Condition?" You asked. The droid buzzed a bit.

"Oh! I assumed you knew! Well Mrs. (Y/N) I am delighted to tell you that you are going to be a mother!" Your jaw dropped.

"Wait...I'm..."

"Pregnant! Yes! Isn't that exciting? I believe about a month too. So that explains why you haven't noticed." You fell back down on the bed. You pressed a hand to your forehead and groaned.

Oh my god what is Kylo going to say?

"Congratulations." A monotone voice spoke from your side. You turned to see Phasma awake and sitting up. She had a devastated look on her face. You looked into her eyes and they were sad and hurt.

"Thank you Phasma." You replied. She placed Leo on a chair by himself and stood to her feet.

"I didn't realize you were trying." She said in disgust. You shook your head.

"We weren't, really." You looked at your stomach. "This wasn't expected." Phasma scoffed and turned to the door.

"Well that's just great, isn't it." And with that, she left. You watched her leave and felt sorrow. None of this was Phasma's fault. You wish you could do something.

"Well anyway, dearie, here's some tablets with some extra vitamins. Take them twice a day." You nodded and proceeded to gather your stuff and wake up Leo.

"Are you okay?" He asked as a stormtrooper escorted you both back to the quarters.

"Yes. I'm fine." You answered tensely. Leo smiled and began chatting to you about his force studies. You tried to pay attention but your mind was on this news.

Kylo's going to be gone for weeks. How am I going to handle this on my own?

"See and I can do this!" Leo threw his hand forward and the stormtrooper escorting you flew to the wall. "Oh no!" Leo's hand went to his mouth in shock. "I didn't realize it would work!" The stormtrooper groaned.

"Leo!" You scolded.

"Sorry!" You helped the stormtrooper up and let him leave you and Leo to walk on your own. You brought Leo into the quarters and sat him down. You popped one of the tablets and rubbed your temples.

"Leo I don't want you to worry about me okay?" He nodded.

"Why did you faint though?" He asked and you sighed.

"Well, apparently, I'm going to have a baby." Leo's eyes widened and he looked at your stomach.

"Whoa." He said.

"Whoa is right." You sighed and looked at the ceiling. "Leo, I'm going to leave you here for an hour or two. There's someone I need to go speak to." You exited the quarters and headed to the great hall. You stood in front of Snoke's chair. You only had to wait a few minutes before his massive figure appeared in front of you.

"Ah, (Y/N), Its been a while. To what do I owe the pleasure?" He asked with a haunting smile.

"You'll be happy to know that I am pregnant. Since you were the only one who wanted this I figured you should know." Snoke's eyes lit up with what resembled almost glee.

"Shall I alert Kylo Ren?" He asked in an amused voice. You waved him off.

"I don't want him to worry. He needs to focus on his mission." You grimaced and Snoke nodded.

"I agree." You turned to leave.

"Thanks for your time." You sassed and his image disappeared. You headed back to the quarters and sat down on the bed.

How am I supposed to deal with this?