Chapter 3. The Books

Thank you all so much for the comments! I never thought this many people would read this. Guess people really want their Ren fics. And a shout out to user _victoria_hiddleston for some of the book name in this chapter and I'm sorry i called you a twat nugget. <3 

You woke up with your back pressed against Kylo's. You blushed and quickly moved away from contact. A deep voice from behind startled you.

"I guess you got cold in the night, hm?" You could sense something in his voice as he spoke.

Is he... teasing me?

"I uh, guess yeah I did," you stammered and turned to face him. His back was to you as he got up and walked away to the bathroom. You still hadn't seen his face. Getting up, you stretched your limbs and sat in bed staring at the bathroom door, hoping Kylo would exit with his face uncovered. 
Of course, when he rushed out he was in full attire, ready for the day. He turned to you and stopped, as if choosing his words carefully.

"Don't... leave okay?" He seemed unsure of what he wanted to say and straightened out immediately. "Don't leave. Stay here. I will be back tonight. There is food in the kitchen and clothes for you in my closet." He started to leave and you quickly called out.

"What am I supposed to do here alone all day?" You immediately regretted speaking as he turned around slowly.

"Excuse me." He spoke with daggers in his voice.

"I mean, there is nothing to do here, sir." You quickly corrected. He sighed and walked toward the bathroom and motioned for you to follow. He dodged into the closet and you heard the sound of keys being pressed. 

"Come on in." You entered the closet and were shocked to see an entire door and room that you had missed in your first inspection. A rod above the door confirmed that it had been hidden behind a rack of shirts. Entering the mystery room the first things you saw were books. Books everywhere. Two very tall bookshelves sat inside filled with books of all different shapes and sizes, some very obviously old and others from different planets. 

"You may take a few books with you out into the main rooms if you wish, but I cannot grant you full time access to this room." You looked to the sides of the rooms and noticed large control panels and maps spread out. This must have been where he was last night. You looked through the titles, overwhelmed by the choices.

"Any recommendations?" You asked, the hint of a smile appearing. Even though you couldn't see him you could sense his annoyance. 

"Just take these! I don't have time for this, come on!" He roughly handed you the first three books near him and steered you out of the room. You sat down on the bed and watched as he left the quarters. You decided to inspect the books he had given you.

"Creatures of Hoth, A to Z."

Yeah, no.

"The Code of the Sith."

Already read it.

"All about Alderaan."

You sighed and grabbed The Code of the Sith and got comfy. 

*Several long hours later*

You looked up from the final chapters of your book to see Kylo finally returning.

"Have a good day?" You questioned him sarcastically and he growled in return.

He is more bipolar than most women

 He walked through the kitchen making himself something to eat, cursing as he dropped an ingredient or two.

"You know, it'd probably be easier to cook without your mask on." He faced you and sat a palm on the counter.

"Don't test me woman." He growled. You chuckled in response. Throughout the day you had gained confidence and decided to confront him about his absent face.

"I've been here two days and I still haven't seen your face, we are to be married for fracks sake." You stood up and walked to the middle of the bedroom where he met you. 

"You are not my superior, how dare you challenge me! I am a Knight of Ren!" His mask was five inches from your face and you could feel the warmth of his anger. 

"I deserve to know what my future husband looks like!" You yelled back, gripping the book in your right hand, prepared to hit him if needed. He stepped back, and lowered his cloak hood. He spoke his final word in an eerie tone.

"Fine."

oooo cliffhanger. Also love to anybody who caught the Battlestar Galactica reference in this chapter!