Chapter 25. Kylo's Return

You rubbed the temples of your head nervously. Staring down at your stomach you swallowed with anxiety. You knew in reality your pregnancy wasn't that physically obvious, but it sure seemed like it. You could just barely see a bump forming at your stomach. Unnoticeable unless someone was looking for it. You went back to the med Bay a few days back and everything was going along smoothly. You were almost 3 months pregnant now. Leo had helped you more lately and you appreciated it, but it made you feel obsolete. Finally, you had received word from Hux a day ago telling you Kylo was on his way home. You were oozing excitement and you couldn't wait to leap into his arms. But telling him the news of your pregnancy terrified you.

As you watched Leo on the other side of the room it gave you hope. Kylo disliked Leo when he first came to live with you, but now Leo was like a son to him. If Kylo could warm up to a boy who wasn't even his, couldn't he learn to love a child of his own blood?

"Should we head to the landing pad to meet him?" Leo's question snapped you out of your thoughts.

"Sure. Let me get some more robes on. Its...chilly." You went to the closet and put some more on. Yes, it was chilly outside, but you mostly wanted to conceal your body in case Kylo could somehow see your secret. You entered the main room and Leo was waiting.

"I'm not supposed to tell him right?" He asked and you winced. You didn't want Leo to lie for you, but you needed to be one to tell Kylo.

"Yes. Just for a day. I need to tell him and then we can all celebrate, alright?" You shook your hand through his hair. He giggled a bit. "Also, you need a haircut Leo." You said. His dark hair was now at his shoulders. It wasn't curly like Kylos, but it did have a wave to it. He slapped your hand away lightly.

"I like it long. It looks like Dad's." He replied and it warmed your heart. While Kylo was away Leo took every chance to mimic him. He poured himself into his force studies religiously. You knew he idolized Kylo and wanted to be like him in every way.

"It does. Alright, let's go." You both walked out into the hallway and passed several stormtroopers, who stayed close to the other wall. It seemed like your whole family had a reputation with them now. Leo's hand gripped your wrist as you walked and you chuckled a bit. When you had told him you were pregnant he had also taken to acting like your protector. Which was hilarious considering he only came up to your hip and still had a majority of baby teeth.

"Do you think he's gonna like the quarters?" Leo asked and you smiled.

"I think he will love it." You and Leo had hung up all the paintings onto one wall in the master bedroom. The wild colors contrasted with the darkness of the room.

You and Leo stepped out onto the landing pad just in time to see Kylo's ship come in for a landing. Leo looked back at you in excitement and his hair blew around him wildly. You smiled and held him to you as the doors opened and Kylo stepped down. You held your breath as he walked straight for you. His mask had dents in it. His cape was ripped and his robes were tattered. As he walked you also could not ignore the prominent limp in his step. He closed in on you and took your hands in his.

"Its good to be back." His masked voice said and you gave him a weak smile.

"Its good to have you back." You put your arms around his waist and Leo gave him a quick hug. As you walked back inside you were stopped by General Hux.

"Ren, I expect to see your full detailed report by tonight." He said flatly. Kylo nodded and kept walking.

"Will do." He escorted you all back to the quarters and took off his helmet. Dark circles clung under his eyes and his lips were pale. He gave you a kiss on the cheek. "I need a shower and to change, we will catch up when I'm done." He sauntered off the the bathroom and Leo turned to you.

"He looks sick." Leo observed. You nodded.

"Work takes a lot out of him Leo. We might not get to talk to him a lot tonight so don't be disappointed if he just wants to sleep." You told him. He nodded that he understood. You both sat in the kitchen waiting for him to enter. When he did he was wearing casual clothes and his skin had a bit more color to it. He stepped over to you and gave you a proper kiss. You fit perfectly with him and hugged him tight to you. When you released you stared into his eyes for as long as you could. They were eyes of longing and happiness. Leo ran over and gave Kylo a hug.

"Dad I can't wait to show you what I've been working on!" He said excitedly. Kylo rested his hand on Leo's shoulder.

"I will be happy to look at it tomorrow. I'm very glad your studies are going well." He gave Leo a smile and Leo beamed back. He gave you a hug and went off to get ready for bed. You wrapped your arm around your husband and leaned your head on his shoulder.

"He has really missed you." You said.

"And what about you?" Kylo asked raising an eyebrow.

"Oh you know I have!" You gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Let me go put him to bed real quick."

As you came back in Kylo sat on the edge of the bed and with his arms gripping the sides.

"I sense there's something you need to tell me." He said with a hint of something in his voice. It wasn't anger, it was fear. "They alerted me that my wife had made several visits to the med bay." His eyes bore into yours. "Nobody would tell me why." You sat down next to him an put a hand on his. His lip quivered. "Are you....how long do you have?" He asked and you cocked your head in confusion.

"Kylo, I'm not sick." You said and you noticed moisture in his eyes.

"Then Leo's sick. Oh god what does he have?" He asked and his voice croaked. You brought your hand up to cup his face.

"We are both fine. Nobody is sick." You exhaled. He looked at you waiting for an explanation. "I'm...Kylo...I'm having a baby." You said and his eyes widened. His mouth formed an O and he looked down at your stomach. You couldn't decipher his emotions as his facial expressions shifted.

"You- I- You're..." His hand went to your stomach and brushed it lightly. He looked up to your eyes and he looked downright adorable. Suddenly, his mouth curved. It formed the biggest smile you had ever seen Kylo give you. He captured your lips in a sloppy kiss and jumped to his feet. He pulled you with him and grabbed you off the ground. He swung you in the air around in a circle, laughing the whole way.

"We are gonna have a baby!" He said and you squealed. He let you down and he collapsed on the bed with you. You both lay there giggling as he threw his arm around you.

"You aren't upset?" You asked between giggles. He gave you a happy sigh.

"Before, I would've thought that I'd be upset. But just seeing you, glowing with my child in you... It makes me the happiest man in the galaxy."