Chapter 9

*Luke's POV*

I leaned back on the comfortable chair and I took a deep breathe before beginning to speak.

"I don't want to seem rude or mean but I just didn't like how you were-" She then cut me off.

"I understand. I really do..." She took a long pause and then sighed. "Do you know how it feels to be an outcast from everyone else?" She whispered while looking down at her hands that were folded in her lap. "I'm not the popular girl in school that everyone loves. I'm not the one who goes to all the parties and I'm not the girl who gets all the guys. I'm the girl who goes home everyday after school and watches your videos." She continued to look down at her hands but I could hear the sadness in her voice as well as see it in her eyes. "People started making fun of me for not having a boyfriend and that's when I decided to tell everyone that you were my boyfriend. I know that it was stupid and I'm really sorry but I just hated being the only one....I hate being alone." She whispered the last part.

I couldn't help but feel sympathetic towards her. I know that I was supposed to be mad at her for using me but she was actually a sweet girl who wasn't treated the way that she deserved to be treated.

I slowly reached out to her and gently touched her hands that were folded in her lap. Her teary eyes looked up at me.

"I know how it feels..." I whispered, remembering all the times that Jai and I were picked on in school. I gave her a small smile. She smiled back and blinked her blue eyes to get rid of her tears.

*Taylor's POV*

Luke and I had been talking for what felt like hours and now he was telling me a story about him, Jai and Beau when they were younger. I glanced outsider and saw the night sky. I then looked down at my phone to check the time.

It was 8:30pm which means that I have been sitting here and talking to Luke for over four hours. I also had three text messages. Two of them were from my mom and one was from Grace.

"When will you be home? -Mom"

"When you come home home can you bring some milk? - Mom"

"Omg Tay! Are you watching Pretty Little Liars right?! -Grace"

I sighed before I slipped my phone into my pocket and looked up at Luke, who had a concerned expression on his face.

"I'm sorry but it's getting kind of late and I have school tomorrow so I should get going." I said while standing from my seat.

Luke nodded and also stood.

"Oh ok." He looked outside through the large cafe windows before looking back to me. "Did you walk here?" He asked.

I nodded while walking towards the Starbucks door.

"Well let me walk you home." Luke said while opening the door for me.

"You don't have to."

"But I want to." He said with a smile.

He linked his arm with mine as we began walking towards my house.

*******************************************************************************************

Heyyy! How are you all? I hope everyone liked this chapter. I tried to make it a little longer then usual but I'm kind of tired right now so I left it with this. I'm going to try and update again tomorrow so be patient. I love you all and happy reading! ~Kayla :)