Chapter Twelve: A Dark Apology

CHAPTER TWELVE 

A Dark Apology 

1.28.12 - Two Weeks Later

As my training continued and began to harshen I became a completely different person all over again. My memories began slowly returning, bits and pieces, seconds lost in time, finally returning to the surface of my brain. Not only did we just train my body, but my soul and mind were tested as well. Through the physical preparation I was able to tap into muscle power I wasn't even sure was there. Through the Bible teachings my soul was beginning to trust that at one time there was a Jesus Christ, unfortunately I still could not find the heart to believe that there was a divine force at work when it came to the present. What I believed was that there was an oversight, the man upstairs who watched patiently as the Earth crumbled beneath its own corruption and pure ignorance, but nevertheless I believed God was there. When it came to my mind I was trained through meditation and prayer. Sam taught me many techniques that were able to open my mind to fusion with the world. Through this I became solid, and thoroughly thought my actions through.  

And sure, through the training I found places I thought couldn't be sore, I was lacking in an open and kindred soul, and the meditation brought much pain...but this all made me feel alive. I felt something, I felt like I was still needed on this world. I felt like there was a purpose I was missing, but of course it wasn't long before I found it. I was made for protection. I was made for justice. I was made for light. 

Just after those two weeks I had decided, in order to change my life completely, I would have to tie up loose ends. I ended up writing letters to those out of my reach, considering I wasn't really allowed to drive, but as for the rest in the area, I was able to go to directly. The very first person on that list was Kate. 

I walked up to her door as I thought about what I would say, I concluded that something simple would be the best, as she probably wouldn't really want to talk to me much anyway, if at all. In that case, maybe a letter would suffice as well...well it would have to if she were to slam the door in my face. I knocked on the door and blew into my hands, for the cold air had made them red as tomatoes. 

"Hel...oh...What are you doing here?" Kate asked, answering the door, at first smiling, then quickly turning into a solemn gaze as she realized who was at her door. 

"Well you definitely look happy to see me." I thought to myself. 

"What are you doing here?" She said, at first whispering loudly, then looking down as she spoke softly. 

"I was in the neigh- I uh... was just... around and-" 

"Alright, thanks for stopping by, but I can't chat right now." And with that she quickly shut the door in my face. I hung my head as I sighed, wondering if she would open the door again. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the window shade sway as her eye disappeared from my view. I knocked again. 

"Kate...Kate, please open the door." I asked as nicely as I could. I waited for almost a minute before she finally opened the door. 

"What?" She said, peeping her head around the door. 

"I need to talk to you, may I come in?" I asked gently. She had a look about her that reminded me of an innocent child who was scared of what punishment she might receive from her parents, it was more than strange. 

"I don't think that's a good idea." She spoke uneasily. As She began to close the door I quickly caught it with my hand and foot, stepping it through the door way just enough so she wouldn't slam it on me again.